ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration not amended

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meir14

Police Registration not amended

Post by meir14 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi,

I was on work permit before and registered with the police. I send my police registration certificate together with my EEA2 application. I received my EEA2 in my passport. However, I received my police registration certificate back without any amendment stamp on it. As far as I know, EEA2 holder does not need to register to the police anymore.

So in my case it seems that HO didn't inform the police saying that I am on EEA2 now and no need to register to the police anymore.

What should I do? Do I need to inform the police or just keep my certificate?
If I move from my current address, do I need to continue to inform the police or HO as an EEA2 holder?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Police Registration not amended

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am

meir14 wrote:Hi,

I was on work permit before and registered with the police. I send my police registration certificate together with my EEA2 application. I received my EEA2 in my passport. However, I received my police registration certificate back without any amendment stamp on it. As far as I know, EEA2 holder does not need to register to the police anymore.

So in my case it seems that HO didn't inform the police saying that I am on EEA2 now and no need to register to the police anymore.

What should I do? Do I need to inform the police or just keep my certificate?
If I move from my current address, do I need to continue to inform the police or HO as an EEA2 holder?
It is the applicant who informs the police of any change in circumstances, not the UKBA - so it is not surprising that your police registration certificate was returned unamended. Family members of EEA nationals are not required to register with the police however it would make sense for you to inform the police of your change of circumstances so that they are aware you no longer need to register with them.

Stefan-TR

Re: Police Registration not amended

Post by Stefan-TR » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 am

meir14 wrote:So in my case it seems that HO didn't inform the police saying that I am on EEA2 now and no need to register to the police anymore.
We were in exactly the same situation and acted as follows: First we had my wife's police registration certificate (PRC) amended by the Borough registration office in London to show her updated status as a family member. Although this is not required by law, it can't hurt to make sure the correct status is on the police computer.

Then we sent the original PRC, a copy of the residence card and a cover letter to UKBA, asking them to amend the certificate as requried by their own caseworker guidance. You can find the relevant guidelines on the UKBA webpage. Look for EEA2 applications and the PRC guidance notes. After a couple of weeks they returned the PRC. They placed a stamp on it saying the holder is no longer required to register with the police, as we had requested.