ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification - Maintenace funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manueltim
Newly Registered

Clarification - Maintenace funds

Post by manueltim » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi there,

I am planning to submit my PSW appication next week, I had 800 pounds and above maintained for more than 90 days. Last month it happened to me that i had deposited 200 pounds on a fine morning and after seeing the money on my account I made a transfer for 100 pounds. but on my online statement it had been shown as if the tranfer had taken place in the begining followed by the deposit. which obviously reduced the amount below 800. but on my actual statement that I had printed out from the bank didn't showed any value below 800 and that day's balace was more than 890 pounds. the statement also shows money in and money out with that days end balance.

my question here is, will they take this as an issue for rejection?

secondly, now i have a statement printed out for 94 days and i moved the money from that account. I am really not in a position to keep the money any further. Should i keep it till the process gets over or it is not a problem at all??

Your opinions will be valuable.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:09 pm

if it doesnt show on the statement that you are going to be submitting... than everything is fine

you can start using the money but... if your app is refused for whatever reason, you will not have enough money to get maintenance points for subsequent psw app

manueltim
Newly Registered

Post by manueltim » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Thank you very much bro..

It was very useful indeed. As far this subsequent application, I really don't have that much long leave to stay back and go for another application. Hoping to get everything in one go.

Thank you very much

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Hello,

I had 800 pounds and above maintained for more than 90 days up till 8th December. After obtaining the bank statement on 8th, I withdrew money and therefore from the 9th onwards, I do not have 800 pounds. My in-person PSW appointment is on 22nd December.

1. Will this cause a problem since I do not have 800 pounds maintained between 9th and 22nd December?

2. Also, just in case I get a reject on 22nd, I plan to re-apply by the slow process by 31st December. Will I be able to use the same statement that I received from the bank on 8th December?

Appreciate your kind response.

Warm Regards,

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:00 pm

the statement you are planning to show.... does it show less than 800 pounds...??

if not... then you are ok...

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:23 pm

183807 wrote:Hello,

I had 800 pounds and above maintained for more than 90 days up till 8th December. After obtaining the bank statement on 8th, I withdrew money and therefore from the 9th onwards, I do not have 800 pounds. My in-person PSW appointment is on 22nd December.

1. Will this cause a problem since I do not have 800 pounds maintained between 9th and 22nd December?

2. Also, just in case I get a reject on 22nd, I plan to re-apply by the slow process by 31st December. Will I be able to use the same statement that I received from the bank on 8th December?

Appreciate your kind response.

Warm Regards,
The date on the closing balance on your statement should not be older than 28 days before you send in your application. Seems like you will be able to use that statement until the first week in January, if your closing balance was dated on the 8th

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 pm

No my Internet Banking Statement shows £800 till 8th Dec...

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks for your reply... Ya, it seems like I will be able to use it till Jan 1st week or so..

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:30 pm

183807 wrote:No my Internet Banking Statement shows £800 till 8th Dec...
If you are using a statement which is printed from your online account, I hope you know you need it stamped by the bank? Although I have heard it is better to also have a letter from the bank, on their letterhead, stating the funds held by you are correct, and have been held for the period you are showing

You cannot just print and submit an electronic statement, your application will be rejected!

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi,

My internet banking statement has been stamped and signed on 8th December. However, they refused to give me a supporting letter. Instead the Bank Manager has stamped the print out saying that “I certify that this is a true copy”. Up till this print out was signed and stamped, I had £800. My balance went down after the print out was stamped and signed.

But my problem is that I got a mail from the Cardiff PEO office yesterday which says that they want bank statements in original and will not accept Internet Banking Statements (Mail quoted below). My bank statements are generated from 17th November to 16th December which means that my latest bank statement in original will show a drop in the amount from 9th December. I have approached the Bank to ask for separate statements showing transactions only till 8th December instead of 16th. They said they have raised a request and will try and see what can be done. I am sincerely hoping that they are able to provide me with original statements till 8th only.

I am quoting what the Cardiff office mailed me. I hope I have interpreted it correctly. Kindly let me know if somebody has to offer a different interpretation or has any suggestions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“We will need to see at least your last 3 months bank statements, which must include your most recent statement, which must fall within the last 28 days of the day of your booked appointment (if you haven't received your statement through the post before your appointment, then please attend your bank and ask them to print off this statement for you. They will stamp, sign it or print it on headed bank paper). We do NOT except any internet bank statements, even if you only have an internet bank account (paperless bank account), this WILL NOT be excepted as an excuse or reason for you to not go to the bank and obtain statements from them. We will send you away to obtain your statements from the bank on the day.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Regards,

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:15 am

183807 wrote:Hi,

My internet banking statement has been stamped and signed on 8th December. However, they refused to give me a supporting letter. Instead the Bank Manager has stamped the print out saying that “I certify that this is a true copy”. Up till this print out was signed and stamped, I had £800. My balance went down after the print out was stamped and signed.

But my problem is that I got a mail from the Cardiff PEO office yesterday which says that they want bank statements in original and will not accept Internet Banking Statements (Mail quoted below). My bank statements are generated from 17th November to 16th December which means that my latest bank statement in original will show a drop in the amount from 9th December. I have approached the Bank to ask for separate statements showing transactions only till 8th December instead of 16th. They said they have raised a request and will try and see what can be done. I am sincerely hoping that they are able to provide me with original statements till 8th only.

I am quoting what the Cardiff office mailed me. I hope I have interpreted it correctly. Kindly let me know if somebody has to offer a different interpretation or has any suggestions.

“We will need to see at least your last 3 months bank statements, which must include your most recent statement, which must fall within the last 28 days of the day of your booked appointment (if you haven't received your statement through the post before your appointment, then please attend your bank and ask them to print off this statement for you. They will stamp, sign it or print it on headed bank paper). We do NOT except any internet bank statements, even if you only have an internet bank account (paperless bank account), this WILL NOT be excepted as an excuse or reason for you to not go to the bank and obtain statements from them. We will send you away to obtain your statements from the bank on the day.”

Warm Regards,
Strange, especially since their guidance says they will accept electronic bank statements, as long as it's stamped on every page. The fact that the word "not" and phrase "will not" is capitalised is serious...it's very expensive to pay almost 1,000 pounds and be turned away because of that statement.

The only thing I can say is I hope your bank can print the statement you need (i.e. for a particular period). Put pressure on them, keep calling them everyday to ask about it. That is probably your best option now. Not sure why it would represent a problem for them, my bank have done it for me in the past. I hope they do the same for you...

Newly Registered

Post by 183807 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi, I just wanted to provide an update so that no confusion is created because of my earlier post....

I attended the Cardiff PEO on 22nd December and to show my maintenance, I provided original bank statements for 2 months and for the third month, I provided an internet banking statement which was stamped, signed and certified (with closing balance as on 8th Dec) by the bank manager. I provided a letter from the bank manager confirming my funds on the 8th and also stapled her business card to the letter, just in case they wanted to check or verify. They have accepted this as valid proof of maintenance and I have got my decision, Passport and all other documents back today. The BRP will reach me within the next 10 working days.

I have undergone a lot of stress in the past few weeks but thanks to this wonderful forum, I have learnt a lot and received good advice from a lot of you. Thanks so much. Good luck!

Warm Regards,