ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 years DL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oblivion
Newly Registered

ILR after 6 years DL

Post by Oblivion » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently a Canadian living in the UK and married to a british citizen, but as I applied in the UK (amongst having overstayed, etc) with the usual: "Although you do not qualify for leave to remain in the UK under the Immigration Rules, it has nonetheless been decided that discretion should be exercised in your favour. You have therefore been granted limited leave to remain in the UK in accordance with the principles set out in the HO Policy instruction on Discretionary Leave. You have been granted Discretionary Leave.......". I was granted initally 3 years of Discretionary Leave, then about another 3 years ago I was granted another 3 years to equal six years of Discretionary Leave. A solicitor I had previously on my last application stated that I had to do 6 years of Discretionary before I could apply for indefinate leave to remain...and my leave is up in Feb 2012. So I'm trying to find out which form I have to complete...do I just fill out the ILTR form or the HPDL form?...

Thanks

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Use the SET(O) form. If you have completed the full 6 years on DL and not violated any rules, the ILR grant will be all but automatic. Postal app only.

nassarmk

6 years dlr

Post by nassarmk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

Hi: did get any news? My wos send at 17/01/2012 still waiting....

Oblivion
Newly Registered

Post by Oblivion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

Hi there, no am still waiting for a decision.

nassarmk

ilr

Post by nassarmk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi: any news !!!

nassarmk

Re: ilr

Post by nassarmk » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 am

nassarmk wrote:Hi: any news !!!
.......hi there i recieved my ilr today.....yours is Next