ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - set(0) form - advice needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Provasanth
Newly Registered

ILR - set(0) form - advice needed

Post by Provasanth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Came to know about this forum and the guys help a lot here. Much appreciated.

I have completed my 5 years with a combination of work permit, hsmp and tier 1 extension. I have mostly ticked all the boxes in the requirements except for section 10L. They are looking for the document prior to tier 1 to confirm that I have cleared the previous immigration rules. i.e they are looking for My work permit letter. Unfortunately, I don't have it. my employer did everything for me and I don't possess this letter or either the employer has a copy.

I would like to know, whether this letter is important or what would be closest alternative for this letter?

I'm so nervous and reckon one of guys might be able to help me? Thanks in advance.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Dont worry about that letter. You visa on your passport is enough evidence that you are staying here legally and have no previous over stay or illegal enternace.

Just on a safer side, do you have payslips or any other documents from your previous employer to proof that you were working with them.
The question is... to be or not to be....

Provasanth
Newly Registered

Post by Provasanth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 am

This is slightly comforting.

I might have the payslips... will check today. Thanks a lot Zahid.

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 am

Yes, I wouldn't worry about the approval letter if you have the visa stamped on your passport. Just to be prepared, you can carry letters / Payslips from your employer at that time.

Provasanth
Newly Registered

Post by Provasanth » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks Sree...

So you guys reckon, its better to go in person than post?

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Provasanth wrote:Thanks Sree...

So you guys reckon, its better to go in person than post?
I always prefer the Personal Appointment if you are okay with the additional Fees. You can carry all the supplementary documents and explain the situation rather than sending it in post and worrying for the next 8 weeks.