ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport re-issue

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jain208
United Kingdom

Passport re-issue

Post by jain208 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi,

I live in UK and my passport is about to expire in February 2012. Can I apply for re-issue now (2 and a half months early) as I have to go to India in March, and I don't want to leave it till late?

Another question is that I my permanent address from my about-to-expire passport has changed and I donot have any permanent address in India? But in my ICICI Bank account, I have given the address for my parent's home address. Will that work as my permanent address and will the passport office accept bank statement as a valid address proof?

Thanks,
Abhi.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Can I apply for re-issue now (2 and a half months early)
Yes, you can
will the passport office accept bank statement as a valid address proof?
Yes they accept if its a recent and original copy. However if you change address in India, it takes longer for the passport to be issued. If you want you can give your UK address as permanent address and submit supporting documents (utility bill, bank statement, council tax receipt)

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Another question is that I my permanent address from my about-to-expire passport has changed and I donot have any permanent address in India? But in my ICICI Bank account, I have given the address for my parent's home address. Will that work as my permanent address and will the passport office accept bank statement as a valid address proof?
Best to give your UK address

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Can you give the UK address as permanent address when you are here on a visa and not ILR?