ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tiger2011
Newly Registered

Mn1 Application

Post by Tiger2011 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 am

Hi there,

I'm desperate or any help on the followings;

I'm applying for naturalisation for myself, my wife and both my children age 6 and 5 ;1st one was born in the uk in 2005 at the time When I was holding my work permit. Now I have ILR since aug 2008. (We all were granted ILR status on the same date in 2008.)

2nd one was born in Thailand in 2006.

1. My wife came to uk in 2004 under dependent visa and received ILR on the same date with me but she returned to Thailand with our 1st child for nearly 2 years during dec 2005 to June 2007 to be with her family and gave birth to our second child in jun 2006. I guess she will not meet the qualifying period of 5 years if she applies in December 2011

2. Could I put section 1(3) for my child who was in the uk, and do I need to
fill section 2 where it asks about the first day and place of arrival in uk.

3. For My 2nd child I put section 3 (1) is this correct?

4. I dont need to fill section 4 for good characters reference cos both of them
are under 10 years old?

5 can me and my two children go ahead with application would this affect the outcome.

So sorry for long list I would highly appreciate any advice on this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:23 am

Tiger2011 wrote: 1. My wife came to uk in 2004 under dependent visa and received ILR on the same date with me but she returned to Thailand with our 1st child for nearly 2 years during dec 2005 to June 2007 to be with her family and gave birth to our second child in jun 2006. I guess she will not meet the qualifying period of 5 years if she applies in December 2011
Depends. Has she visited the UK at all in December 2006 or early 2007? A very important requirement is that she has been physically in the UK on the same date 5 years prior to the HO receiving the application. It's either pass or fail. No discretion in this case. If this requirement can't be met, then once you become BC, she can apply as a spouse of a BC which requires 3 years of residence.
2. Could I put section 1(3) for my child who was in the uk, and do I need to
fill section 2 where it asks about the first day and place of arrival in uk.
Correct. Section 1(3). You need to fill in section 2. Just put the child date and place of birth as the answer to Q2.1
3. For My 2nd child I put section 3 (1) is this correct?
Correct.
4. I dont need to fill section 4 for good characters reference cos both of them
are under 10 years old?
Correct.
5 can me and my two children go ahead with application would this affect the outcome.
What would affect the outcome? If you meet the requirements, the application is likely to get approved. Your non-UK born child would depend on the decision in your case. Your UK born child has entitlement to register so his application is not dependant on you.

Tiger2011
Newly Registered

Mn1 application

Post by Tiger2011 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:50 am

Thank you very much for time and advice to help us.

Just one more question for section 7
I should put my name as ii am a father and sign on behalf of my child.

Thank very again.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Mn1 application

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:22 am

Tiger2011 wrote:Thank you very much for time and advice to help us.

Just one more question for section 7
I should put my name as ii am a father and sign on behalf of my child.

Thank very again.
Yes