ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which one is better OISC or Solicitor in case of Appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ra_one_2011

which one is better OISC or Solicitor in case of Appeal

Post by ra_one_2011 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:57 am

hi there,
Which one is better to hire at the time of application of ILR, OISC registered person or immigration solicitor? in case if i get rejection and go to appeal stage, who could represent my case OISC or solicitor or Both?
thanks guys.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 am

It all depends on the level of the OCSI caseworker. Some are qualified to take extensive work, like appeal representation JR, whiles others are not.

Solicitors are qualified to attend court. It will all depend on your case and the complexities involved
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 am

Just to clarify - an OISC registered advisor cannot undertake JR work - only solicitors can do this.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 am

Greenie wrote:Just to clarify - an OISC registered advisor cannot undertake JR work - only solicitors can do this.
I don't think that is correct.

A level 3 OISC caseworker may be competent enough to undertake JR work, such as initiating JR proceedings and instructing barrister counsel, but surely they cannot represent clients in these proceedings, as they will most likely not have the right of audience at these higher courts.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors