ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to send couple of documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prmoily
Newly Registered

Forgot to send couple of documents

Post by prmoily » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi,

I applied for my Tier 1 visa extension yesterday. My visa is due to expire in Jan 15th 2012.

However, I forgot to send my personal bank statements for two months.

I want to submit them now. But I am not sure what reference number should I give? I am assuming I will get a letter from UKBA that they are in receipt of my form and will get back to me with a reference number.

Should I wait for their letter, take the reference number and submit the missing statements by adding a cover letter stating the reference letter? OR should I send it immediately by adding a cover letter having my passport number / name / NI number, etc? My worry is I need a reference number that I can quote to send the missing documents.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Prakash M

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi Prakash,

You need to send Change of circumstance form. The shortcut for that form is here;

Change of Circumstances form

You can fill in this form attach your missing document and send them over.
The question is... to be or not to be....

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks, Zahid.

But nothing has changed in my personal details. I have just missed sending a bank statement. Does this form still apply to me? Will a cover letter with my details not suffice?

Also, do I need to wait for the letter from UKBA acknowledging that they have received the documents that I submitted yesterday OR should I go ahead and submit the missing documents immediately?

Whats the latest that I need to wait before sending the missing documents?

Regards,
Prakash

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm

prmoily wrote:
But nothing has changed in my personal details. I have just missed sending a bank statement. Does this form still apply to me? Will a cover letter with my details not suffice?

The change in circumstances form is used to tell home office about your changed situation. You forgot to send documents with your original post. This could be, because you don't have that document with you once you sent your application. Since the situation is changed now, so you need to send one.

Secondly, the COC form has your complete details. So no need to wait for Home office acknowledgement letter.

You can infact, include a cover letter as well, if you wish.
The question is... to be or not to be....

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Forgot to send couple of documents

Post by ScopeD » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:00 pm

prmoily wrote:However, I forgot to send my personal bank statements for two months.
In case this is an oversight, please make sure that your bank statements cover 3 months as required by UKBA.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Sure, will do. Thanks for your replies.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 pm

I noticed that the address for the main application and change of circumstances application are different.

I am assuming it will finally reach the same place, and the case worker would have access to all the documents. Please confirm.

I am little worried due to the fact that the address is different for teh two. One is Durham and the other is Sheffield.

Also, I tried the UKBA helpline - seems like no one bothers to pick up. Is the correct number --> 0908706067766

Thanks,
Prakash

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I just called up the helpine number. And this is what they said:

- You dont need to submit a change of circumstances form if you have missed bank statements and sending additional documents.

- Also, she advised me to to wait until I get the acknowledgement letter from UKBA confirming that they received my application, and then send the additional documents by calling up again and finding out where to send it (Sheffield or some other location).

Now, I am confused as I have already submitted the two bank statements (evidence for my previous earnings) to Sheffield office along with change of circumstances form.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Prakash

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm

prmoily wrote:I just called up the helpine number. And this is what they said:

- You dont need to submit a change of circumstances form if you have missed bank statements and sending additional documents.

- Also, she advised me to to wait until I get the acknowledgement letter from UKBA confirming that they received my application, and then send the additional documents by calling up again and finding out where to send it (Sheffield or some other location).

Now, I am confused as I have already submitted the two bank statements (evidence for my previous earnings) to Sheffield office along with change of circumstances form.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Prakash
It is totally upto caseworker team to consider any additional documents. Atleast this was my experience in mid of 2010 for my Tier 1 initial application. I did sent some additional bank statements though they were not required. I reached to caseworker one/two month after decision and hence not considered.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 am

But in my case, it is required as evidence of my previous earnings. So, its important that the case worker considers it. It was an oversight on my part to miss sending those statements.

Now, I am worried if it will be considered or not. Please advise.

Regards,
Prakash

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 pm

prmoily wrote:But in my case, it is required as evidence of my previous earnings. So, its important that the case worker considers it. It was an oversight on my part to miss sending those statements.

Regards,
Prakash
Just hope for the best. On this board, I also read additional documents were considered by UKBA. As I said earlier, it is totally upto caseworker and when they receive it. In my case, they received after decision so did not use and returned to me with letter stating same. If they receive before decision then they will probably use them. You have to remember that documents should reach caseworker not UKBA, which may vary quite a lot depending on how they deal with these.

asharaja
Newly Registered

Post by asharaja » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Prakash,

I am in a similar situation now. Missed sending my payslips. Did they accept your additional documents sent later. Thanks for your kind reply.

regards

Asha
prmoily wrote:But in my case, it is required as evidence of my previous earnings. So, its important that the case worker considers it. It was an oversight on my part to miss sending those statements.

Regards,
Prakash

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Asha,

Yes, they accepted my documents. I have received my BRP couple of days back. So, they are quite good at linking documents. So, do what the experts say.. Send in the missing documents along with the change of cuircumstances form clearly listing all your personal details and a cover letter attached.

Prakash

asharaja
Newly Registered

Post by asharaja » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks Prakash. That is reassuring. So did you send it to the Sheffield address? because the original application was sent to the Durham address.

regards

Asha
prmoily wrote:Hi Asha,

Yes, they accepted my documents. I have received my BRP couple of days back. So, they are quite good at linking documents. So, do what the experts say.. Send in the missing documents along with the change of cuircumstances form clearly listing all your personal details and a cover letter attached.

Prakash

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Asha,

Yes, I sent the missing documents to Sheffield address.

Prakash

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

@prmoily

Sorry for bothering you. If possible can you please share the covering letter that you have used to state the missing documents. If you could help me with that it would really helpful to me as I'm in the similar situation I have missed few documents to submit with the application. However, I would like to submit those now and also can you please confirm whether its required to send the degree certificate because when I initally sent the application I have not sent my acadameics certificate as its already been proved in my initial Tier-1 application. So please do advice, is it wise to send it now along with change of circumstance form. Waiting for your reply and thanks for initiating the post. Much appreciated.
Fighting spirit never fails

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Your cover letter should contain the following details.

- Your name
- Any reference number that you got from UKBA as part of the acknowledgement of your application
- Passport Number
- DOB

And state all the missing documents. And then state your contact details in case they need to get in touch with you.

If you have submitted your degree certificate with your initial application, then you dont need to submit it again for the extension. They already have your details. I am assuming in the forms, you had selected the appropriate option.

Fill in the change of circumstances form and submit it. The change of circumstances form also captures the details they need to trace your application and link the missing documents.

All the best..

-Prakash

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks Prakash for the Prompt response.

Just one more question if you don't mind, In COC application form:-

There are two fields:

7. PBS Reference number (If known) - I guess for this I need to mention the reference number that I've received from UKBA as part of acknowledgement to my application which starts with PB

8. Application reference number (If known) - Then what is the Application reference number. Any idea.

Thanks in advance for your response

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Dont know. In my case, I had left both fields blank as I had not received the acknowledgement letter and didnt know the reference number.

Check with the experts, they should be able to advise :-)

-Prakash

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Okey Prakash thanks anyway .. Will wait for someone to reply on this. Thanks once again.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am

Can some please answer if they have ever used COC Form for sending missing documents and if so can you please let me what to mention for the below mentioned fields in COC application form:-

There are two fields:

7. PBS Reference number (If known) - I guess for this I need to mention the reference number that I've received from UKBA as part of acknowledgement to my application which starts with PB

8. Application reference number (If known) - Then what is the Application reference number. Any idea.

Note:- I have received Acknowledgement from UKBA for the application which I have submitted and that starts with PB. Is that the PBS reference number or Application reference number

Thanks in advance for your help and for your response

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:09 pm

manojk005 wrote:It is totally upto caseworker team to consider any additional documents.
Note that:
21 wrote:... An application is outstanding (and therefore information can be supplied to support it) until it is lawfully determined...
It's important to send any new supporting documents prior to a (refusal) decision, because of the inadmissibility of New evidence in Points Based System appeals.
Last edited by vinny on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks Vinny for your reply.

Can you also please answer my question on the above mentioned fields

1. PBS Ref number
2. Application Ref number.

Your response would be Much appreciated

agash

Post by agash » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi aisha

Have u sent ur additional document. I am also in the same situation. I also send my additional document to Sheffield address. Thank you

Regards
Agsh

asharaja
Newly Registered

Post by asharaja » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm

I have sent it to the Shieffield address as advised over telephone on contacting UKBA. Still awaiting any form of acknowledgement and hoping they consider it.

regards

Asha
agash wrote:Hi aisha

Have u sent ur additional document. I am also in the same situation. I also send my additional document to Sheffield address. Thank you

Regards
Agsh