ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I am a Spouse and Sponsor, am I a Family Member?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

underwaterexplosions
Newly Registered

If I am a Spouse and Sponsor, am I a Family Member?

Post by underwaterexplosions » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:50 am

This has really got us confused. I want to sponsor my wife to come back to Canada with me, but the forms say that the spouse is included as a Family Member. As a sponsor, is it possible to be a spouse AND a Family Member, meaning do I have to fill out the Background, have a medical check and get the necessary police records done? Please help me.

mikeramma
Newly Registered

hey

Post by mikeramma » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 am

no no this ur not considered a family member , only ur wife have to do al this
good luck

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 am

As per your post, you are already in CND. You do not need to do anything but the onus is on your wife to fill all the forms.

She has to do a police check and provide the PCC for all countries she has resided for more than 6 months after her 18th birthday I believe, Medicals and pay the appropriate fees.

Hope this helps. Read Below.

.................................................................................................

How do I sponsor my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children living abroad?

If you want to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner and dependent children so they can join you in Canada, you must submit a joint application.

Get the necessary application forms. This includes a sponsorship application and an application for permanent residence.

Complete the sponsorship application.

Send the application for permanent residence to your family members.

They must complete it and return it to you.

Pay the required fees. You can pay the fees electronically through the Internet, or pay them at a bank or financial institution. You will receive a receipt.

Once you have the completed forms and required documents, mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. Make sure you include your receipt.

For faster processing, have your family members undergo a medical examination before you send in the joint application.
Praise The Lord!!!!

underwaterexplosions
Newly Registered

Post by underwaterexplosions » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:13 am

Actually, we're both over here in Japan. I don't think that that changes much though. I'm still waiting to hear the official reply to this question from the Canadian Embassy here in Tokyo, but from what I've gathered I do not have to fill out the background, medical or police checks. Thanks for your help!