ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accepted as Exempt, whats next

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alisiddiq
Newly Registered

Accepted as Exempt, whats next

Post by alisiddiq » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 am

Hi
I have applied for gmc registration and they have accepted me as an exempt person. What is the next step, they said they will contact me in a week but this wait is killing me.

in the email he said that in the meantime I should look at the general guidance for applicants under section 19 of the Medical Act 1983. I have read it and cant find any relevent info.

Can you guys pls guide me in the right direction

alisiddiq
Newly Registered

Post by alisiddiq » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:55 am

Any1??

pinkpanter
United Kingdom

Post by pinkpanter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:37 pm

I think you should go to the relevant forum/Catagory i.e. work permit or tier etc. In this forum we only advice for EEA issues.

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:44 pm

alisiddiq

congrats for your success regarding plab exemption.

I am still to apply for family permit. Which i will do in march after that i will apply for plab exemption.

Can you please tell me which documents you have attached for your exemption and from where you got the application for plab exemption?

I am not aware of the exact rules, but this could be of great help if u guide me.

Bundles of thanks and good luck for you too regarding future. And completion of plab exemption

dranil
Newly Registered

Re: Accepted as Exempt, whats next

Post by dranil » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm

alisiddiq wrote:Hi
I have applied for gmc registration and they have accepted me as an exempt person. What is the next step, they said they will contact me in a week but this wait is killing me.

in the email he said that in the meantime I should look at the general guidance for applicants under section 19 of the Medical Act 1983. I have read it and cant find any relevent info.

Can you guys pls guide me in the right direction
dear doctor ,
congratulations .
i would like to ask u what kind of supporting documents did u provide to GMC to prove that u are an exempt person?
i am an indian citizen,married to uk citizen.at present i work in ireland. i did my medical education from bulgaria EU.
It will be very helpful if u share your experience with me .
thank you very much .
anil.

Rolfus
European Union

Post by Rolfus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Dear alisiddiq,
I think that the GMC is drawing to your attention that being an exempt person does not necessarily exempt you from the PLAB. You need either to have a primary qualification from an EEA university, or your overseas qualification must already have been accepted by another EEA state.
civis europeus sum