ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convert workpermit to HSMP dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enable

Convert workpermit to HSMP dependent

Post by Enable » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi,

I am having a query about FLR.

I am in UK for the past 2 years on work permit and my wife and kid are staying with me on dependent visa. We have applied HSMP for my wife and she got approved. Now we are in a position to apply FLR for all of us. I have a visa on work permit which will expire on December 2006.

If we apply visa for my wife(HSMP holder) as main applicant and myself as dependent(means my visa on work permit will get converted into dependent visa), is there any problem getting this. My wife is not working at the moment.

Could anyone please advice

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:26 pm

As the holder of a dependant visa your wife is in a 'non-switchable category' so you will need to leave the UK and obtain entry clearance rather than apply for Further Leave to Remain.
________
FIX PS3
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:16 pm

Only when she gets EC from her home country on basis of HSMP and retuens to UK, will you be able to apply as her "dependent" from within UK.

Otherwise, as WoodieG has suggested, you can go back to your home country and apply as your wife's dependent in the same application as for her EC.

regards

Enable

Post by Enable » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks WoodieG and sushdmehta.

So it is for sure that anybody on dependent visa can’t get converted to any other category including HSMP type by FLR. Am I right?

As sushdmehta suggests I can also go back to my home country and apply my visa as dependent but is it possible for my wife to apply EC without any job and anybody in UK?

Is it necessary to show any evidence at the time of EC to prove that she can survive in UK without anybody or any job in UK?

If I am confusing then plz let me know.

Could you please advice me how do I go about with this?

Thanks
:?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 am

So it is for sure that anybody on dependent visa can’t get converted to any other category including HSMP type by FLR. Am I right?
The query was with reference to HSMP and the answers too refer to HSMP as the category in consideration.
As sushdmehta suggests I can also go back to my home country and apply my visa as dependent but is it possible for my wife to apply EC without any job and anybody in UK?
My personal suggestion would be that you stick to UK on your WP for the time being, let you wife return to UK after getting EC and then you take the plunge. Specially considering the fact that your wife doesn't have a job right now !! Yes, your wife can apply for EC without a job. Most of the HSMP applicants are jobless when they apply for EC, so that shouldn't be anything to be worried about.
Is it necessary to show any evidence at the time of EC to prove that she can survive in UK without anybody or any job in UK?
Definitely a YES.

regards

Enable

Post by Enable » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:34 am

Many thanks sushdmehta

Quote:
Definitely a YES.

According to my case, How do I prove this? any suggestions