ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on tier 2 general applying from outside uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Liverpool 29
Newly Registered

Query on tier 2 general applying from outside uk

Post by Liverpool 29 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi All,

Background - I have been working in UK for past three years on Tier 2 (ICT) which is expiring next month ,now our company have decided to apply under Tier 2 general from India

My query is i have done my Diploma in Mech Engg from india i also have a NARIC certificate stating that my qualification is between NVQ level 3 & 4 was browsing through the guidelines on UK BA website where they have metioned that the role should min be a graduate level.

My Salary is - £26k.
Please can anyone tell me if my qualiication of NVQ level 3 & 4 will hamper my new application.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:33 pm

graduate level job has nothing to do with your qualifications....

find a job on the code of practice. make sure you satisfy all requirements of the job.. if you do, then your qualification is a non-issue

Liverpool 29
Newly Registered

Post by Liverpool 29 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:50 pm

arsenal49 wrote:graduate level job has nothing to do with your qualifications....

find a job on the code of practice. make sure you satisfy all requirements of the job.. if you do, then your qualification is a non-issue
Thanks mate.
How would i be able to claim 10 points on my english laungauge test.
I can attach my UK Naric & my diploma certificate
Can you suggest that i still need to attach a letter from my college stating that my diploma was thought in english

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Reading the policy guidance will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:29 pm

thanks for your pm.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

point 114 to point 124... read it... and see if you can bypass this requirement since you already got tier 2.

im not well versed in tier 2 ICT so, cant really help...

all the best

Liverpool 29
Newly Registered

English launguage requirement

Post by Liverpool 29 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks Guru,

Just to clarify i would applying from outside UK (Tier 2 general) it would be fresh application so cannot consider (point 114 to point 124...) tier 2 ICT route.

In this case can you please give your opinion
a) My nvq level 3 & 4 qualification wont be an issue if i meet all the other criteria
b) I can score 10 points for english launguage if i submit my Naric & diploma certificate along with a letter from college to state that my diploma was tought in english.

Awating your opinion on this GURU...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: English launguage requirement

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 am

Liverpool 29 wrote:Just to clarify i would applying from outside UK (Tier 2 general) it would be fresh application so cannot consider (point 114 to point 124...) tier 2 ICT route.
Why? Clauses 114 - 138 explain the requirements for claiming the 10 points for English language and how applicants may do so. So why does it not apply to you - even if you are applying from outside UK and under Tier 2 (General)?
Liverpool 29 wrote:a) My nvq level 3 & 4 qualification wont be an issue if i meet all the other criteria
As mentioned above, the job is of "relevance" and it must be a "graduate level" job. Is it?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Liverpool 29
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Applying from outside English launguage query

Post by Liverpool 29 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Please clarify me in case my understanding is wrong about the below.
As i am applying from Tier 2 general outside UK as a fresh application i cannot use the transitional arrangement to claim 10 points for english launguage & as my qualification is not a UK degree level even if i send them a letter from my college stating that the medium of teaching was english wount help.

Please let me know if you agree with my above statements.