ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm

KPK1 wrote:Thanks to everyone for their well wishes for my wife's visa which Alhamdulillah was granted just over a week ago. It took exactly a month and that included the holidays for Eid and Alama Iqbal holiday.

I just wanted to say many congratulations and mubarak to Exquisit33. May Allah make your marriage happy, peaceful and prosperous insha'Allah.

May Allah also give patience to those waiting for a decision or appeal and grant their partners their visas insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah you will be next xNailax.
Jazakallah khair brother.. Congrats to you too! May Allah swt bless you with a happy married life! Ameen!!!! Alhumdhulila!
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

XnailaX wrote:exquisit..its a first i've heard of a covering letter..

but im gona ask my friend..her hubby came to UK about a month ago so he'l kno..wil let u kno soon xx
Naila sis, thank you please let me know as soon as you find out. If there is anyone else that knows, I would appreciate if you could explain to me what a cover letter is (its apparently what you submit with your hand in passport).
Allah is the greatest!

General30

Post by General30 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
XnailaX wrote:exquisit..its a first i've heard of a covering letter..

but im gona ask my friend..her hubby came to UK about a month ago so he'l kno..wil let u kno soon xx
Naila sis, thank you please let me know as soon as you find out. If there is anyone else that knows, I would appreciate if you could explain to me what a cover letter is (its apparently what you submit with your hand in passport).

Hi I think the cover letter that you submit along with passport is just a letter stating the date which you intend to travel to uk as this then speeds up the process of returning the passport hope this helps
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 am

Thank you general. :)
Do they request proof to confirm this? I.e. tickets?
Allah is the greatest!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am

is dis sumtin u hav 2 coz my bro in law cme in june and he dint hav a coverin letr.sis ask ur solicitor,he cn find out for us cant he?
My friends huby made a fresh case sis.her old case ws too weak evn tho she sent appeal of the Ecm stil refusd so she submited new docs and he gt visa in 6 weeks.
A quik question:cn i go 2 pakistan 4 afew weeks jus cz im misin huby? Lol

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 am

@ XNAILAX
No sis xx I dont mind wat u said mayb sum1 will do dua 4 us n it will cum true

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:17 am

inshallah x

General30

Post by General30 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:Thank you general. :)
Do they request proof to confirm this? I.e. tickets?

No There have been people that have submitted the covering letter without tickets and have been ok so I don't think you need proof
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

ss27

Post by ss27 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:@ ss27, thank you brother, Ameen. Finally it has been granted! You know how stressed I was with the visa refusal and Alhumdhulila with all your duas it has been worth the wait. I was thinking I will contact you, to let you know the outcome, glad you got in touch!

@ Naila sis- Thank you again sis, I hope you hear something very soon! xx

@ K44MY- Thank you, I can’t wait for the call letter to come, it’s been a tough journey but Alhumdhulila it has finally come to an end.

@ 5KHAN5- Thanks :) I know it still feels like its a dream. Our representative did all the emailing I don’t know exactly what email he sent. But I know he chased them up constantly! I hope you hear something soon!!! Inshallah! Sister Naila has put two emails up, try emailing both! Good Luck!

Does anyone know what a covering letter is exactly, somebody mentioned it to me, saying my husband will need to submit it when asked to give passport in. How does it work? What is supposed to be included?

Dear Sister

I am so happy for you iknow how pain ful days were any way Allah SWAT reward you for your patience

i am really happy sister,

i always visit this forum twice a week but never get chance to droped message
but i always checks ur message and continsoly looking at spread sheet

anyways

Good luck to you and all of others

May allah bless every body a lot of happines

love you all

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi
Can sumbody tell me if I can fax Bank statement and will it be accepted

SanaXX
Newly Registered

Post by SanaXX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi

Iv been reading on the form for a while and I am in similar situation as many of you.

My husband's visa got rejected in September and have been given a deadline on mid Jan.

I was hoping that the appeal would get withdrawn as I was advised by my solicitor that not many cases go to court.

Does anyone have a similar time line to mine and if so, have they heard anything since their appeal?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

There is no such thing as a covering letter. Its called a call in letter in which teh applicant takes his passport,TB certificate and the intended date of travel to teh UK, to ensure applicant travels within 3 months of visa being granted. :wink:

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:43 pm

sana sis welcome to the forum, why was ur hubbys visa rejected??..

if u read exquisit33 post..her case was refused in sept..and afew days ago she got an email that they hav overturned their decision..shes jus waiting for the call in letter..:)

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:25 pm

ss27 wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:@ ss27, thank you brother, Ameen. Finally it has been granted! You know how stressed I was with the visa refusal and Alhumdhulila with all your duas it has been worth the wait. I was thinking I will contact you, to let you know the outcome, glad you got in touch!

@ Naila sis- Thank you again sis, I hope you hear something very soon! xx

@ K44MY- Thank you, I can’t wait for the call letter to come, it’s been a tough journey but Alhumdhulila it has finally come to an end.

@ 5KHAN5- Thanks :) I know it still feels like its a dream. Our representative did all the emailing I don’t know exactly what email he sent. But I know he chased them up constantly! I hope you hear something soon!!! Inshallah! Sister Naila has put two emails up, try emailing both! Good Luck!

Does anyone know what a covering letter is exactly, somebody mentioned it to me, saying my husband will need to submit it when asked to give passport in. How does it work? What is supposed to be included?

Dear Sister

I am so happy for you iknow how pain ful days were any way Allah SWAT reward you for your patience

i am really happy sister,

i always visit this forum twice a week but never get chance to droped message
but i always checks ur message and continsoly looking at spread sheet

anyways

Good luck to you and all of others

May allah bless every body a lot of happines

love you all
Thank you brother.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 pm

SanaXX wrote:Hi

Iv been reading on the form for a while and I am in similar situation as many of you.

My husband's visa got rejected in September and have been given a deadline on mid Jan.

I was hoping that the appeal would get withdrawn as I was advised by my solicitor that not many cases go to court.

Does anyone have a similar time line to mine and if so, have they heard anything since their appeal?

Thanks
Salam Sana,

Welcome :)

My husband's visa was also refused in September 2011, We appealed, accordingly appeal was lodged in October, and we were given a deadline of February 2012. However, Alhumdhulila we have received 'Notice of Withdrawal' yesterday. Inshallah I hope your decision is over-turned too!

By the way on what grounds was your hubby's visa refused on?

Good Luck
Allah is the greatest!

_Atif_
Newly Registered

Post by _Atif_ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Salaam everybody

Has anybody applied for their visa recently? I have applied for mine and its been over 15 days and the status of the application is still forwarded to Islamabad OC.

Does anybody know how long it takes before they start to process? I submited mine from Lahore

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi I was just going through some old post regarding call letter and when submitting the passport for visa stamp:

I have found that the following is required.. when going to submit passport you need to take:

This letter. Your passport will not be accepted at the UK Visa Application Centre if you fail to present this letter.

Your passport and the passport(s) of any member of your family if mentioned above. The passport(s) should have at least six months validity.
Would this be my husband's passport?

Please confirm your intended date of travel and length of stay.
What would we say for length of stay???? (Is there a form that we have to fill in to show this information?)

For settlement applicants please provide passport copy of sponsor showing their current immigration status.
Would that be my passport? Does it need to be attested and how do I get this to my husband? Also how do I show my immigration status? I am British born. Also do I need to give copies of every page? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Allah is the greatest!

SanaXX
Newly Registered

Post by SanaXX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:01 pm

We got married in May 2011 here in England as he was on a student visa, he went back to Pakistan in June to apply for the spouse visa and was rejected.

The reason they gave was that they thought our marriage was fake and that he had just got married to get his stay in the UK.

Has anyone been through this type of visa process?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

SanaXX wrote:We got married in May 2011 here in England as he was on a student visa, he went back to Pakistan in June to apply for the spouse visa and was rejected.

The reason they gave was that they thought our marriage was fake and that he had just got married to get his stay in the UK.

Has anyone been through this type of visa process?
They also didn't believe we were married too. They were not satisfied that we were genuinely married. I had another problem, my signatures on my Nikkah Nama did not match that of my passport. So they thought it was all fake etc.
Allah is the greatest!

URR
Newly Registered

Post by URR » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Hello
I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm at work so have to make it short :/
I'm getting married next week in Pakistan InshaAllah and wondered if anybody had a list of the paperwork I need to take to submit for my husbands visa?
Would really appreciate any help

Thanks

U

SanaXX
Newly Registered

Post by SanaXX » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 pm

That's good, your appeal got overturned.

I was hoping mine would, but little chance of that happening as it's mid Dec already.

Is there a chance that the decision could be upheld at the court hearing? or is it given that the decision will be overturned? iv been assured by my solicitor it will def get over turned..but suppose there's always a risk it wont, which im worried about.

General30

Post by General30 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:19 pm

SanaXX wrote:That's good, your appeal got overturned.

I was hoping mine would, but little chance of that happening as it's mid Dec already.

Is there a chance that the decision could be upheld at the court hearing? or is it given that the decision will be overturned? iv been assured by my solicitor it will def get over turned..but suppose there's always a risk it wont, which im worried about.
Hi sana
My wife's visa also got refused in September I appealed in first week of October and was told by my solicitor that she is hoping it would get overturned it has been over 2 months now and I havnt heard anything as yet I emailed them and they replied saying the review is under process and I will be notified about the outcome once the review has been completed
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

mahakhan
Newly Registered

settlement visa

Post by mahakhan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 am

Salam to all

Submitted on:o4/04/2011
Refused: 25/07/2011
Appeal lodged in UK:18/10/2011
Notice of Pending Appeal received: 10/2011
Deadline given: 12/01/2012
still waiting

okara87

Post by okara87 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:09 am

@nazema- did you receive my pm?

_Atif_
Newly Registered

Post by _Atif_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

_Atif_ wrote:Salaam everybody

Has anybody applied for their visa recently? I have applied for mine and its been over 15 days and the status of the application is still forwarded to Islamabad OC.

Does anybody know how long it takes before they start to process? I submited mine from Lahore
Just got an update, visa now under process at BHC on the 13/12/2011