ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on being self employed for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abiodua
Newly Registered

Queries on being self employed for Tier 1 Extension

Post by abiodua » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:26 am

Hi Everyone

Please i need some input and help as i will be submitting Tier 1 extension for myself and my family. My questions are

1.) For self employed, is it better to use a Business bank account or can i use my personal current account to run the business as i still have some months before renewal in which i can decide to open a business bank account.

2.) Myself and my spouse both have money in our acount, can we use both acount or use the account of main applicant only? and if we are using both account do we have to show 12months accounts statement for both accounts?

3.) Is it compulsory i include my new born baby delivered in the UK when making the application

I'll be glad to get response to my post . Thanks

Regards,
Last edited by abiodua on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Can only help with Q1 abiodua - I don't want to stray away from my field of knowledge.

I'm assuming that you are a sole trader rather than the director of a limited company as you say you are self employed. On that basis it doesn't matter if you use a personal account for business and private transactions. A separate business account makes life easier for tracking your business (and for any bookkeeper/accountant) but that's a commercial matter. If your local bank finds out, they may try and get you to open a business account - but again that's a contractual matter between you and your bank.

If on the other hand you are the owner/director of a limited company then you should definitely open a separate business bank account as you are legally two separate persons.

abiodua
Newly Registered

Post by abiodua » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks AccountantMatthew for helping out with question 1. I'll just stick to the current account.

Any help with regards to the other questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

abiodua
Newly Registered

Post by abiodua » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:36 pm

77 views 1 reply :( :cry: Please i need answers

Regards

rajani1981

Re: Queries on being self employed for Tier 1 Extension

Post by rajani1981 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:23 am

abiodua wrote:Hi Everyone

Please i need some input and help as i will be submitting Tier 1 extension for myself and my family. My questions are

1.) For self employed, is it better to use a Business bank account or can i use my personal current account to run the business as i still have some months before renewal in which i can decide to open a business bank account.

2.) Myself and my spouse both have money in our acount, can we use both acount or use the account of main applicant only? and if we are using both account do we have to show 12months accounts statement for both accounts?

3.) Is it compulsory i include my new born baby delivered in the UK when making the application

I'll be glad to get response to my post . Thanks

Regards,
If you are a sole trader, I suppose you should have the following:

1. personal bank account (or business account) statements where the payments have been deposited by the clients
2. letter from accountant conforming the payment receipts and relevant details
3. Net profit and loss stmnt
4. invoices of the the companies attested by Accountant
5. Balance Sheet prepared by Accountant and signed by you
6. Management accounts signed by you (prepared by Accountant but may not be compulsory).
7. letter from hmrc confirming UTR
8. Proof of class 2 NI payments.
9. Contact details of the clients (of course shown on invoices! in most cases).
These are only for self-employed sole trader. Other types of self-employment like contracting, ltd.company etc may require some more additional documents. Refer to 7 requirements of the para 142 of previous earnings section.
Please correct me if I am wrong.