ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit submission

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dilmundesert

Family Permit submission

Post by dilmundesert » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Must all applicants be physically present when handing the application in to the UK embassy in Den Haag?
Or can the main applicant hand it in without her dependents having to be present?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 am

How old are the dependents?

Can you actually hand in an application in the Netherlands? Can you send me a web linK?

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:How old are the dependents?

Can you actually hand in an application in the Netherlands? Can you send me a web linK?
under 21

http://www.lawcentreni.org/EoR/immigrat ... y%20Permit

"...The EEA family permit allows the holder to enter the UK under EU law. It can be issued ‘over the counter’ at a British diplomatic post abroad without payment of a fee. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office website, www.fco.gov.uk, lists the British diplomatic posts abroad...."

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am

Both your answers are incredibly vague.

Yes, I've seen that web site- the 1st one I clocked in to...but no wiser. The 2nd page referred to talks about visa's which I couldn't get a grasp on as it relates to a Family Permit for non-EU family members currently residing in the Netherlands.

Undoubtedly my post is just as vague- this is for Surinder Singh route.

...so still none the wiser, could you point me to the exact page?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Must all applicants be physically present when handing the application in to the UK embassy in Den Haag?
Or can the main applicant hand it in without her dependents having to be present?
You actually do an online application. Your only physical presence required is for taking fingerprints.

Read through http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

If some part of that is unclear, why don't you ask a specific question that needs clarifying.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
You actually do an online application. Your only physical presence required is for taking fingerprints.

If some part of that is unclear, why don't you ask a specific question that needs clarifying.
...righto, seems to be conflicting info everywhere I look. I would prefer not to do it on-line as there are many questions that for Family Permit purposes don't require an answer- my understanding is that the on-line form and the VAF5 printed off version, are forms re-used by ukba from a different purpose.

There are a number of threads on this forum outlining the amount of information asked for BUT NOT required for a FP application.

Apparently the on-line form does not give you the option to skip an answer e.g. radio button selections. However since you seems to be saying to me that there is only ONE way to do this, I will give it a twirl and see how far I get.

To date though everything I've seen written on the subject confirms that one goes to a consulate or embassy and hands the document in there. for surrender singh FP app.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Please go to
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal

and try to find the form VAF5 (EEA Family Permit)....it 'aint there is it?

So then go to the other option....and work your way through that maze.

All the while it says to you- make sure you are filling the right application/ form in!

You obviously know the correct way to do this and I am obviously pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of thing, so please mate tell me what web site page I should be on to complete this damn thing on-line. Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Go to the page Directive gave you i.e.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Read through http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Click on the "apply for visa online" link on the top right corner. Then just choose visa type "other" in the second screen for the EEA family permit. You should not need to pay for the visa at the end of the application process.

With regards to online or paper, this depends on the country you apply from. From the netherlands it needs to be online regardless of the visa type or route.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Jambo wrote:Go to the page Directive gave you i.e.
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Read through http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
Click on the "apply for visa online" link on the top right corner. Then just choose visa type "other" in the second screen for the EEA family permit. You should not need to pay for the visa at the end of the application process.

With regards to online or paper, this depends on the country you apply from. From the netherlands it needs to be online regardless of the visa type or route.
Great, thanks- I got to the right page and started filling in the info. BUT it won't let you leave anything blank and dates have to be filled in!

So all this advice on this forum that for Family Permit purpose, all these questions are irrelevant and in fact illegal e.g. finances, arrival, how long to stay etc- where does that leave us?

It'sillegal but we have no choice but to fill it all in as best we can.

This is ridiculous.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:18 pm

For text fields, you can put "question is not material"
For dates, put maybe 1 January 1900?
Choice boxes are hard.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:For text fields, you can put "question is not material"
Choice boxes are hard.
Thanks- will do.

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:For text fields, you can put "question is not material"
Choice boxes are hard.
one more thing...does the under 21 dependent also need to apply as it seems everything is included under the spouse's name?

So should I fill this in twice?
Once for the spouse, and once for the child (dependent under 21).?

Thanks

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

whats this about- I thought it was for free?

Mobile biometric clinic appointments in Amsterdam. Applicants must pay a service fee of €147.56

I have a choice between germany and... a mobile biometric clinic?? for which there are extra charges?

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:14 am

dilmundesert wrote:whats this about- I thought it was for free?

Mobile biometric clinic appointments in Amsterdam. Applicants must pay a service fee of €147.56

I have a choice between germany and... a mobile biometric clinic?? for which there are extra charges?
so I still have 3 more queries, thanks: Apologies if these sound really dumb (':roll:')(':idea:')

1. must the u.21 dependent fill in a separate application on-line (as they would have if they were filling in the paper VAF5 form? (the reason I ask is that the on-line form asks for all the u.21's info anyway, including passport details etc).

2. is the cost really 147.56 each? Do FP's require biometrics? Are marriage/ birth certs not good enough? For a Residence Card once we get over there, yes I can understand biometrics are needed.

3. if I apply to renew the permit in 6 months time- this could be for any reason- due to circumstance: would I then have to reapply for a brand new permit? would these biometric costs be repeated?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 am

dilmundesert wrote:

so I still have 3 more queries, thanks: Apologies if these sound really dumb (':roll:')(':idea:')

1. must the u.21 dependent fill in a separate application on-line (as they would have if they were filling in the paper VAF5 form? (the reason I ask is that the on-line form asks for all the u.21's info anyway, including passport details etc).

2. is the cost really 147.56 each? Do FP's require biometrics? Are marriage/ birth certs not good enough? For a Residence Card once we get over there, yes I can understand biometrics are needed.

3. if I apply to renew the permit in 6 months time- this could be for any reason- due to circumstance: would I then have to reapply for a brand new permit? would these biometric costs be repeated?
These questions are by no means dumb. In fact they are quite perceptive.

I sadly do not have an answer for each of these. I suspect that in each case the answer is the least convenient and most expensive answer, namely:
1 YES
2 YES
3 YES.

If that turns out to be the case, I do hope you will complain to UKBA. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... fectively/

You also have the option of traveling to the UK without a visa, specifically if you are taking the ferry or car train: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 pm

dilmundesert wrote:

These questions are by no means dumb. In fact they are quite perceptive.

I sadly do not have an answer for each of these. I suspect that in each case the answer is the least convenient and most expensive answer, namely:
1 YES
2 YES
3 YES.

If that turns out to be the case, I do hope you will complain to UKBA. http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... fectively/

You also have the option of traveling to the UK without a visa, specifically if you are taking the ferry or car train: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/
Thanks for all the info.

The process to go through for a Family Permit is frankly just a lot of crap.

Stuff it!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Please complain using the information at the link I sent you! Telling me that it is shite will make you feel better, but will not change anything.

Also note that the three YES answers are my guess only. Do not assume I am correct. Check it with the British!

dilmundesert

Post by dilmundesert » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Please complain using the information at the link I sent you! Telling me that it is shite will make you feel better, but will not change anything.
Yes good idea, I will investigate this further and complain if necessary.