ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kans75

Tier 1 Extension

Post by kans75 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi
I read in the sticky notes that the extn. is given from the expiry date in many cases ,even though the application date is before 3 months from the time of actual expiry.

Does anyone know the maximum time before anyone can apply in advance to get extn. from the expiry date?

For example, if the tier 1 visa expires in apr 12 and renewal application is made in dec 11, when would the new extension start from?i.e apr 12 (expiry date) or the stamping date(jan 12 if approved).

Regds
K

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:53 am

The guidance note says you must not apply 28 days before your current visa expiry. people have differnt experiances here. They got extension from the date they submitted docs for extension, as some have got extension from their visa ending date.

The HO response is not consistent in this regard.

IMHO, you should apply in Mar2012. So that you are not short of your 5 year stay at the time of ILR.
The question is... to be or not to be....

kans75

Post by kans75 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:The guidance note says you must not apply 28 days before your current visa expiry. people have differnt experiances here. They got extension from the date they submitted docs for extension, as some have got extension from their visa ending date.

The HO response is not consistent in this regard.

IMHO, you should apply in Mar2012. So that you are not short of your 5 year stay at the time of ILR.
Thanks Zahid for your reply. I too was surprised that many of the cases in the sticky notes for extn. were from the expiry date than from the application date even though they were 1 month of the recommended timeframe from HO. I was surprised and happy to see so many getting extns applying much earlier.

I was thinking to apply for myself first earlier and see the outcome and then submit my wife and kids appln. I don't want to risk as i was told by one of my friend that the extn. are made tougher in the current economic climate and was also told that HO has plans to send back the applicants to the home country after their visa expiry. Not sure how much its true.

Also, heard there might be some new changes on Dec 15(tmrow). I can't find any information in this forum, so would think its a rumour.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 am

kans75 wrote:Hi

Could anyone share their experience of submitting T1 G extn. application at different times.i.e., main applicant and family separately.

I met a solicitor today who said that it is a compulsory rule that all the applications should be sent together(main,spouse and kids), if the spouse and kids are in the UK and submitting main applicant's application is not allowed.

I am sure many people would have different cirucumstances for not able to file together.

Is it possible to submit my application excluding my whole family?

Awaiting for all your valuable replies.

Rgds
K
Lucapooka wrote:It's not compulsory to apply at the same time but it's normal for dependant leave to be given in line with the PBS migrant. The date of your leave expiring should be coincident with the date of their leave expiring. If, therefore, you apply for yourself but let their leave expire, they will not be able to make an application (as a valid application requires valid leave).

Unless............you are applying for an extension much earlier than the date of your current leave expiry date. Is that what is happening here?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kans75

Post by kans75 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kans75 wrote:Hi

Could anyone share their experience of submitting T1 G extn. application at different times.i.e., main applicant and family separately.

I met a solicitor today who said that it is a compulsory rule that all the applications should be sent together(main,spouse and kids), if the spouse and kids are in the UK and submitting main applicant's application is not allowed.

I am sure many people would have different cirucumstances for not able to file together.

Is it possible to submit my application excluding my whole family?

Awaiting for all your valuable replies.

Rgds
K
Lucapooka wrote:It's not compulsory to apply at the same time but it's normal for dependant leave to be given in line with the PBS migrant. The date of your leave expiring should be coincident with the date of their leave expiring. If, therefore, you apply for yourself but let their leave expire, they will not be able to make an application (as a valid application requires valid leave).

Unless............you are applying for an extension much earlier than the date of your current leave expiry date. Is that what is happening here?
Thanks Luca for your reply. Yes, my dependant's visa also expires the same time as mine. It is for employment reasons, i need to apply earlier.
I am planning to apply before 3 months of my expiry.

Is there any reason i need to give to HO for not submitting the dependant's visa at the same time?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:06 pm

No you don't have to give a reason.