ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What classifies as a business trip ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahi14
Newly Registered

What classifies as a business trip ?

Post by rahi14 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi,

If during my 5 year stay in U.K, I had once gone back to India for around 50 days and was not paid in the U.K, how should I mention that in the absences. I was working at the company office back in India so can't classify it as a leave (paid or unpaid). Although, I had gone for official reasons yet I wasn't being paid in the U.K. Will this still classify as a business trip or does business travel only mean when you are paid in the U.K ?

Cheers !!

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 pm

I think this would not be classified a Business trip as you were clearly not based in UK during the time.
The definition of Business Trip is that you make a trip to Overseas while being based in the UK e.g. your company wants you to go to Germany for a month in order to visit client or meetings etc, they would reimburse your trip costs but would continue to pay your salary in the UK.
:-)

rahi14
Newly Registered

Post by rahi14 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks aspirant09,

What I forgot to mention is that even though I wasn't being paid in the U.K, I still had a house on rent and paying my utilities etc. With this information what do you think this should be classified as ? It can't be leaves as I was still working for the company.