ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the UKBA close for Christmas?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Does the UKBA close for Christmas?

Post by tony_franklin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 pm

I'd applied for my PSW extension on the 14th of November. Received the Biometrics letter on the 1st of December, and submitted the biometrics via Post Office on the 2nd.

1. I've had a friend tell me that the UKBA shuts down for Christmas from the 15th of December. Can anyone please confirm this?

2. Also, the processing times section of the UKBA website states that they are "currently considering applications where the applicant has taken their biometrics on or before December 1." - Since I gave mine on Dec 2, is there a chance it may be delayed?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

bobobo

Re: Does the UKBA close for Christmas?

Post by bobobo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Think of the UKBA as any other organisation. They will have reduced staff working over christmas and applications will be impacted, just as anywhere in europe. The do not officially close but people do go on holidays, so tell your friemd to get hios facts straight and stop scaring you
tony_franklin wrote:I'd applied for my PSW extension on the 14th of November. Received the Biometrics letter on the 1st of December, and submitted the biometrics via Post Office on the 2nd.

1. I've had a friend tell me that the UKBA shuts down for Christmas from the 15th of December. Can anyone please confirm this?

2. Also, the processing times section of the UKBA website states that they are "currently considering applications where the applicant has taken their biometrics on or before December 1." - Since I gave mine on Dec 2, is there a chance it may be delayed?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

tony_franklin
Newly Registered

Re: Does the UKBA close for Christmas?

Post by tony_franklin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm

bobobo wrote:Think of the UKBA as any other organisation. They will have reduced staff working over christmas and applications will be impacted, just as anywhere in europe. The do not officially close but people do go on holidays, so tell your friemd to get hios facts straight and stop scaring you
Hah! Thanks, will tell him that! What about the processing times given at the site then? Is it just a rough guideline or do they actually stick to it?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 am

75% of the time they do!

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm

The Christmas Card that UKBA sent to their stakeholders said they would be closed 23 Dec to 3 Jan. I got mine on 8 Dec, which was plenty of notice. Of course staff will be working during that period, but some of their front-facing operations will be in curtailment during the period mentioned...