ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport expring few days after visa expiring

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monky123
Newly Registered

passport expring few days after visa expiring

Post by monky123 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Hello every body,

I am changing my immigration status from PSW to tier 2 general. I have just been assigned a cos (Tier 2 General - certificate of sponsership). I am going to file my appplication via post on 15th of january 2012. My visa is expring end of february and my passport is expiring begining of march 2012.

Cos is assigned by my company on my current passport which is expiring in march. If I renew my passport and apply with new passport attached old one(cos assigned passport). Would my company has to apply another COS and assigned it to my new passport? or I simple attached both passport with the application.

or

If I don't renew passport and apply with current passport which has been assigned for cos. would there be any problem as my passport is going to expire after 6 weeks from the date of application submission.

I am unable to get in person appointment. so I have apply by post.

Please give me your expert advise please.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm

step 1: get a new passport

step 2:include expired passport with your app