ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITProfessional
Newly Registered

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = HSMP

Post by ITProfessional » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:42 am

Hi Guys,

To start with , I will give a background of my situation :

I have got my HSMP extension for 3 years in November 2005. We were blessed with a baby girl this January (2006) . We have already applied to the Indian Embassy for her passport and we are expecting the same within 2 weeks.

I am planning yo send my wife and daughter to India for holidays in August end. To my knowledge my baby will not require VISA to travel to India but she would certainly require VISA to enter into the UK (Please correct me if I am wrong) .

Can anybody tell me whether I can apply for a dependent VISA at the British Embassy in Bombay for my daughther instead to getting the VISA stamped from UK . If I can apply for the VISA to British Embassy in Bombay , then can you please let me know what all documents would be required . Also just to clarify , I am not physically required by the British Embassy in Bombay to get the VISA as I am not travelling with my wife at the moment.

Regards,
ITPro

busa

Post by busa » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:38 pm

Reading the other post on this topic, it looks you would need to apply the FLR(0) form and pay huge 335£ fee. Getting a visa from Bombay would certainly be lost costly, if you can get one.

I think it would be better to check with Home Office. Or hope for someone who has been similat situation to reply.

busa

Post by busa » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:57 am

Requesting moderators throw some light on this topic. I could not find the correct answer. And there were some threads locked by moderator mentioning there are similar threads with this topic.

Thanks

syedajmal
Newly Registered

Isn't she a UK citizen by birth

Post by syedajmal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 pm

Since the baby was born on UK can't she claim for UK citizenship. I am from the US and under the law here any baby born on US soil can automatically claim US citizenship irrespective of their parents status in the country. Any input if that is not the same in the Uk would be greatly appreciated

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Isn't she a UK citizen by birth

Post by olisun » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:45 pm

syedajmal wrote:Since the baby was born on UK can't she claim for UK citizenship.
Nope the laws are different in the UK now... automatic citizenship was stopped way back in 1983...

Now either parent need to hold minimum ILR (Permanent Residency) for the child to qualify as a BC...