ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are we entitled to OCI?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whiskywhisky
Newly Registered

Are we entitled to OCI?

Post by whiskywhisky » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Please can someone be kind enough let me know if all my family members are entitled to OCI.

- I am born in the UK (British Citizen), my parents were both born in India and about 30 years ago became British. Both DO NOT have their old Indian password.

- My wife was born in India and settled in UK after our marraige several years ago, since has surrendered her India passport and got a British Passport.

- We have 2 kids (aged 3 + 5) both born in the UK and British passports.

Are we all entitled to OCI, should we apply for a family application?

Thanks

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 pm

If your parents/grant parenst do not have old Indian passport, then you can submit any other document that proves that they were Indian Citizen) (e.g - School Certificates, Notorised copy of the school certificate, Land ownership documents, etc.,). The decision to accept these documents as proof of Indian Citizenship lies with Indian Consulate.

NB: You should also submit document to prove the relationship (Birth Certificate for you, your kid and your parents (if available).

You can apply under Family group or indivdually - it is up to you!!

whiskywhisky
Newly Registered

Post by whiskywhisky » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:10 pm

kadik wrote:If your parents/grant parenst do not have old Indian passport, then you can submit any other document that proves that they were Indian Citizen) (e.g - School Certificates, Notorised copy of the school certificate, Land ownership documents, etc.,). The decision to accept these documents as proof of Indian Citizenship lies with Indian Consulate.

NB: You should also submit document to prove the relationship (Birth Certificate for you, your kid and your parents (if available).

You can apply under Family group or indivdually - it is up to you!!
Thanks - are there are limitations with going for either family or individual applications?

kadik
India

Post by kadik » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Not that I am aware of ; except for the fee :wink: