ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letter for ILR 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mauricetmk
Newly Registered

Cover letter for ILR 10 years

Post by mauricetmk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi guys, I would like to know what kind of supporting information should I list in my cover letter.

Shall i put down information regarding my education in the UK, that most of my friends are from the uk and me and my British girlfriend is in a committed relationship and plans to get married in the near future.

Does this sort of information helps with my application or should i provide some extra information as well.

sorry just a bit nervous about the whole process and I am about to send my application off tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

The things you mentioned about friends and having a gf are relevant to human rights, but not for ILR under the long residence concession.

They will be looking for a continuous residence for the 10 years. Under the current policy, the leave to remain needs to be unbroken by not longer than a day. Your cover letter should explain how you meet this requirement.

Re: Cover letter for ILR 10 years

Post by 2012 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:03 am

mauricetmk wrote:Hi guys, I would like to know what kind of supporting information should I list in my cover letter.

Shall i put down information regarding my education in the UK, that most of my friends are from the uk and me and my British girlfriend is in a committed relationship and plans to get married in the near future.

Does this sort of information helps with my application or should i provide some extra information as well.

sorry just a bit nervous about the whole process and I am about to send my application off tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
1. U need to satisfy the requirements for the 10 years long residence.