ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP+tier1 Got ILR for myself and kids not for wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krish2050
Newly Registered

WP+tier1 Got ILR for myself and kids not for wife

Post by krish2050 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:39 pm

I was silent reader of this forum , this is really helpful so I thought I will share my experience and got some help as well
WP+tier1 (valid till Feb' 2013) - 5 years complete on Jan'2012

Applied ILR for myself and 3 dependents

My wife and kids was in india from may'2010 to feb'2011 ( not living with me in UK for last 2 years).

Case worker asked me evidence for last two years as I was quite sure as happen in this case : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 333#487333

I will be fine but she specifically asks for last 2 years ( for cohabitation) and suggested either a. apply by post for some consideration b. settlement for myself and kids
and I opted for option b and she suggested to apply for FLR(M) as tier 1is valid till Feb'2013 , she suggested that there is no hurry but apply for FLR(M) by end of Feb'2012.

As I need to go india in Feb for 3 weeks , I have few questions.

a. is there any way ,I can apply for settlement for my wife again as she was living with me for 3 years out of 5 years but not last 2 years

b. apply FLR(M) in february , As We are going india in Feb , will it be an issue , as we are on different visa.

c. how long we can wait for apply for FLR(M) as existing tier 1 visa is valid till feb'2013.

Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 am

I think that the caseworker should have considered "at least two years" (319E(d)), rather than "the last two years" cohabitation in the UK.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is much that she can do now, as you had decided on option b.

She should therefore apply for FLR(M) as soon as possible, before travelling.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

krish2050
Newly Registered

Post by krish2050 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Many Thanks Vinny , I will apply FLR(M) for my wife before travelling in Feb.

krish2050
Newly Registered

Post by krish2050 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Is English test requirement for my wife for FLR(M) as she already passed Life in UK test.

Please help , what are other documents needed for FLR(M) visa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 am

1. Yes.
2. Read the FLR(M) form.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!