ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does passport copy have to be certified?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

just jak
Mood:
United Kingdom

Does passport copy have to be certified?

Post by just jak » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:16 am

Hi

Please can someone tell me if it is mandatory that the sponsor's passport copy is certified/notarised?

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, that is what is asked for and to submit a copy that does not have this treatment carries a risk of refusal.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:00 am

Please can someone tell me if it is mandatory that the sponsor's passport copy is certified/notarised?
You are effectively asking two separate questions there. Certified? Notarised? So my answers are .... yes .... no!

Take your passport along to any Solicitor/Commissioner of Oaths and ask if they will do a certified copy for you. The fee could well be £5.

Notarised implies use of a Notary Public. That is not necessary, and would be significantly more expensive.
John

just jak
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by just jak » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks Lucapooka and John for your replies. I'll get it certified. Would you happen to know if ECOs accept copies certified by the Post Office? Would be easier for me to do it at PO then I can send off straight away.

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:05 pm

We just used a local solicitors office and they charged £5 to do it. 4 pages because of every page that had a stamp on it.

just jak
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by just jak » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks for that. I couldn't find any firms open today so will have to try on Monday. Hopefully, they'll do it on the day. I need to get my papers posted out by end of Monday.