ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP 6m then HMSP 4.5y Do I need a letter for WP from Employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azmi007
Newly Registered

WP 6m then HMSP 4.5y Do I need a letter for WP from Employer

Post by azmi007 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

I will be completing 5 years of Work Permit (6 months) and HSMP by the mid of next year. I am concerned that whether I am affected by the new requirement for WP settlement holders, which asks you to get a letter from your employer.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... ment-t2-wp

All I have is the payslips and P60 for the 6 month of WP. I can probably try to get a duplicate bank statements from my Bank. My former employer will definitly not give me the letter as he is not in good terms with me at all.

Appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Many Thanks in Advance

Azmi

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Any Ideas Friends?

Many Thanks in advance

rahi14
Newly Registered

Post by rahi14 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:41 pm

You may need to mention your visa dates for seniors to comment on.

Is it HSMP or Tier-1 that you are intending to mention ? The new rule requires a letter from your current employer and is not mandatory for Tier-1 holders. It is not needed from your former employers and if you have a P-60 and salary slips from your former employer, that should suffice.Bank statements for that period would be an added advantage.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 am

WP 6m then HMSP 4.5y. Do I need a letter for WP from Employer
No. But you may be asked for WP authorisation letter. P45 / salary slips / bank statements may be used to prove your employment with the employer during the period in question (6 months).

See also FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:02 am

rahi & sush, you guys are star graded human beings!!!

Many Thanks for the information.

WP Authorisation Letter - Is this the certificate like doc sent by home office?

Thanks Again

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Great stuff!

This Forum is Amazing!

Much appreciate it...

thewolfman21

Re: WP 6m then HMSP 4.5y Do I need a letter for WP from Empl

Post by thewolfman21 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:45 pm

azmi007 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I will be completing 5 years of Work Permit (6 months) and HSMP by the mid of next year. I am concerned that whether I am affected by the new requirement for WP settlement holders, which asks you to get a letter from your employer.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... ment-t2-wp

All I have is the payslips and P60 for the 6 month of WP. I can probably try to get a duplicate bank statements from my Bank. My former employer will definitly not give me the letter as he is not in good terms with me at all.

Appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Many Thanks in Advance

Azmi
Hi But does the link mentioned by you applies to Tier 2/WP holders which is not your current category.

azmi007
Newly Registered

Post by azmi007 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi thewolfman21,

I got this link from the UKBA website news feed which mentioned that it is a new requirement for WP/T2 settlers.

Actually I was confused as whether this would apply to me as am currently on old HSMP (tier1 ext). Since the settlement is going to be 6months of old WP and 4.5yrs of HSMP, its seems a bit tricky.

From the replies of sushdmehta and rahi14, I believe I will not need a SOC letter from my former employer with whome I do not have a good relationship.

Thanks