ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 Traffic offence and bit complicated..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nav8
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 Traffic offence and bit complicated..

Post by Nav8 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi All,

Hope someone can help..

Entered UK on student visa.. granted HSMP stamping on 09 feb 2007.. extension on Tier 1 on 20 Jan 2009.
Caught speeding on fixed cam in Cardiff on July 2008 driving on International licence. Received letters asking for UK licence. Instead sent my international one. Received a letter informing I need to go to the court and pay the fine. Court summon was on Feb 2009( In the mean time I got my extension done and I did disclose my traffic offence just saying decision pending) In the court paid the fine and I was advised i would be having 3 points when i apply for UK licence. After 10 months I applied for provisional UK licence and there was no endorsement for points. On my new licence i was fined and 3 points endorsed for SP30 offence which is entierly a different situation. I had my paper part updated and still there is no trace of my court conviction/fine and aint got a clue what happened. Now with my ILR due in jan 2012 I'm bit confused whether I have spent/Unspent convictions.
Would really appreciate if someone can share/advise if any of you had/ know some information.

This forum is just fab and great work done by its moderators and members to make it so successful.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Tier 1 Traffic offence and bit complicated..

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Nav8 wrote: I'm bit confused whether I have spent/Unspent convictions.
Check on your own.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:24 am

Nav8 wrote:Hi All,

Hopefully someone would be able to clarify

My understanding is for Initial HSMP applicants between arpil and Nov 2006, they are exempt from Life in the UK test.
I have tried looking for guidelines if they are exempt from anything else and I'm not able to get any info.
Is there any members within the same time period or moderators or senior members would share some info..

many thanks
Nav8 wrote:Thanks for you reply,

I'm PBS migrant and my initial approval letter mentions they granted HSMP for satisfying 65 points. Since my application was made between April and Nov. I'm not fully covered by JR..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:27 am

1. If you applied for HSMP approval before 07-Nov-2006 then you are indeed a HSMP JR covered migrant - "full comprehensive cover" but with maturity at 5 years instead of 4 (the only exception)!
2. With that in mind, ignore the response above and read FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 1/Tier 2/HSMP holders for answer(s) to (both of) your queries.

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 am

Wicked!!!! ..I Like the way you said " fully comp" Lol..
your help is much appreciated..

On a quick note these are the docs I'm gonna furnish

Pay slips and bank statements for last 12 months
4 xP60's one missing for 2008-2009
Life in the Uk test cert
Employer letter
Photos and completed application form
Disclosure scotland (gonna apply soon to check for my conviction)

hopefully these are gonna be sufficient

This forum is awesome!!!

Nav8
Newly Registered

Post by Nav8 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi,

In case if my update helps someone..
Recieved my CRC from disc Scot.. and it was all clear..