ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa with main migrant's visa expiring in <1 ye

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Dependant visa with main migrant's visa expiring in <1 ye

Post by fatcat294 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi

I've looked through the majority of posts in this forum and haven't seen a similar case for my question so I'm going to post it here.

I'm a Vietnamese on Work Permit visa in the UK which expires in November 2012. My fiance is a Vietnamese and is working in Holland at the moment. We plan to get married in the UK in March/April 2012 (she will go to the UK with a marriage visitor visa valid from January 2012 to June 2012) and then my wife-to-be will then apply for a dependant visa right after that (in April/May/June depending on how it goes).

I understand that if a dependant visa is granted for my wife at that time, it is valid until November 2012 at most (when my work permit expires) and she can apply for a job and work in the UK.

My question is that is there any problem for the dependant visa application if at the time of applying my visa (main migrant's work permit) is only valid for less than 1 year or even less than 6 months?

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant visa with main migrant's visa expiring in <

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 pm

fatcat294 wrote:My question is that is there any problem for the dependant visa application if at the time of applying my visa (main migrant's work permit) is only valid for less than 1 year or even less than 6 months?
No, because there is no such requirement / restriction.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat294 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks very much

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat294 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am

A further question, I'm applying for ILR in October 2012 (I'm completing 5 year work permit in November 2012) and I know that my wife on dependant visa at that time will not need to complete a 2-year living period in the UK. However, we will be married for only 6 months, is it a problem for her ILR application?

Apologies for an ILR question in this Tier 2 visa section

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:02 pm

No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fatcat294
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat294 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks sushdmehta. Some more questions from me about Dependant visa/ILR

- I understand that when my wife applies for dependant visa, she has to show documentary evidence of the relationship. As we haven't lived with each other, we don't have statements/letters in joint names or at the same address. What kind of evidence should she show?

- Does my wife have to show evidence of English competence for her dependant visa application (I know she has to for ILR but not sure for dependant visa) ?

- I know there's a family migration consultation (closed 6 Oct 2011) which might be implemented around April next year. The proposal is to ask dependants to live in the UK for 5 years before applying for ILR. I'm sure the impact on PBS dependant and British citizen dependant but not sure for work permit dependant. Does it affect my wife's ILR application with me in October 2012 as she'll be in the UK for only 6 months?

thanks