ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen Passport with Tier 4 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Remarika
Newly Registered

Stolen Passport with Tier 4 Visa

Post by Remarika » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi, does anyone know what should I do in my case?
My passport was stolen with Tier 4 visa on the 4th December in the UK, my student Visa expires 30th January.
So now I am going to apply for PSW visa and include police reference number in it (as I dont have the original of the document). Also, when I called to the Home office, the told me to write cover letter and a letter from the embassy that my new passport is in progress.
However, it is likely that it will take more than 3 months for me to receive a new passport, while home office representative told me that passport is one of the main documents and I need to to send it asap to the home office when I receive it.
Therefore, at the moment I applying from the UK for visa and my question is whether I can claim 20 points in section 7 for 'immigration status in the UK during period of study' (part J) as I do not enclose originals of passport and Tier 4 visa in it (only copies of passport pages) ?
then, if not - can I apply with 75 points? all other documents as bank statement and university letter are fine.

thank you for any advice and help!!!

wazobia

Re: Stolen Passport with Tier 4 Visa

Post by wazobia » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Remarika wrote:Hi, does anyone know what should I do in my case?
My passport was stolen with Tier 4 visa on the 4th December in the UK, my student Visa expires 30th January.
So now I am going to apply for PSW visa and include police reference number in it (as I dont have the original of the document). Also, when I called to the Home office, the told me to write cover letter and a letter from the embassy that my new passport is in progress.
However, it is likely that it will take more than 3 months for me to receive a new passport, while home office representative told me that passport is one of the main documents and I need to to send it asap to the home office when I receive it.
Therefore, at the moment I applying from the UK for visa and my question is whether I can claim 20 points in section 7 for 'immigration status in the UK during period of study' (part J) as I do not enclose originals of passport and Tier 4 visa in it (only copies of passport pages) ?
then, if not - can I apply with 75 points? all other documents as bank statement and university letter are fine.

thank you for any advice and help!!!
I have some experience with applying for a visa without a passport. This was some 9 years ago; my passport was up for renewal and my visa was going to expire before I got the passport back. I sent my application in and got a visa on a piece of paper.

Did UKBA specifically tell you that your application would be rejected without a passport? I doubt they would do that, however others can comment on it. What I will say is, if you are sure your new passport will not get to you before your visa expires, then you should send your application along with all your police references and cover letter explaining the situation clearly.

And anyways, your current tier 4 visa is on your old passport so your new passport will not show evidence of your current immigration status. UKBA hold all your records so your name and University details should tell them your current status.