ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Processing Time Jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Processing Time Jamaica

Post by clarrygill » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 pm

I wanted to share this information because this site has been a great help to me & my husband. We submitted our documents for spouse visa in Kingston, on 21st November & the visa was granted on 14/12/11, that's 17 working days to process!!! Wow, well done UKBA! My husband will be with me soon so once again thanks to everyone who helped me out on this site :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 pm

WOW :shock:
Very happy for you. Enjoy your life together!

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks very much! :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Which visa did you apply for? Spouse of fiance?

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Spouse visa

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:46 am

17 days , that's so quick . Especially for Jamaica!!!

Would you mind sharing a list of document you provided? It would be so so helpful!

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 am

It was so quick I can hardly believe it!! Here is a list of everything i provided.
1) GENERAL

Cover letter from applicant addressed to ECO – listing supporting documents enclosed with application
Form VAF4A application (printed version after completing online) – my hubby was given this back at the VAC and told it wasn't needed as they already had it on their system, but I would recommend you include it anyway

Letter of support from applicant's wife and sponsor (i.e. - me) – includes how and when we met; how we kept in touch; how and when we got engaged; how and when we got married; etc

Support letters from family & friends x 4 – from those who have met both of us

2) APPLICANT'S IDENTIFICATION (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (i) (a)(ii) & (iii))

Copy of current passport highlighting details of previous travel history (Actual passport handed in with application also)
Original birth certificate + copy
Expired passport with details of previous travel history + copy
Copy of TRN & Driving Licence
JPS utility bill

3) SPONSOR'S IDENTIFICATION (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (i), (ii) & (iii))

Certified copy of current passport highlighting most recent trip to visit Applicant
Two expired passports with details of trips to visit Applicant + copies
Original birth certificate + copy

4) EVIDENCE OF MARRIAGE (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (i))

Original marriage certificate + copy
Selection of receipts from Jamaica, England and US for the wedding and honeymoon expenses
Selection of wedding cards from well-wishers x 7
Wedding invitation and program
Selection of wedding photographs x 6 – mounted on card and labelled
Selection of honeymoon photographs – montage arranged on 1 page
Screenshots of wedding website (we set one up at weddingpath.co.uk)

5) EVIDENCE OF SUBSISTING RELATIONSHIP (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph281 (ii) & (iii))

(We noted in the cover letter under this section that my husband was unable to obtain evidence of calls made from him to me as he did not have proof of purchasing his Digicel sim card(s)and as such Digicel would not provide him with copies of past calling history due to data protection.)

Receipts of Digicel phone credit sent from Sponsor to Applicant (x 6 years)
Details of online Digicel phone credit sent from Sponsor to Applicant (x 2 years)
Details of Digicel's international calling plan – printed out from Digicel's website
Copies of Sponsor's home phone bills detailing calls between Sponsor & Applicant (x 1 year)
Sponsor's mobile phone bill detailing calls to Applicant (x 6 years)
Flight receipts, tickets and booking confirmations detailing previous visits between Applicant and Sponsor
Selection of photographs of Applicant and Sponsor throughout relationship x10 – mounted on card and labelled
Selection of written correspondence between Applicant and Sponsor x 4 (we didn't have much as mainly kept in touch over the phone)
Selection of money transfer receipts from Sponsor to Applicant
Letter confirming joint bank account of Applicant and Sponsor (opened in Jamaica a few years back)

6) ACCOMMODATION DETAILS (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (iv). MAA6;MAA8; MAA11; MAA12; MAA13)

Original tenancy agreement + copy (agreement includes provision to add my husband to tenancy once he arrives in UK)
Confirmation of deposit protection scheme for original accommodation deposit

Email from Landlord confirming agreement to extend tenancy agreement from July 2011 (when original tenancy agreement due to end)
Photographs and room measurements of accommodation
Copy of land registry entry for accommodation confirming Landlord's ownership
Original council tax statements for accommodation + copies (last year and current)
Original water services bills/correspondence for accommodation + copies

9) FINANCIAL INFORMATION – SPONSOR (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (v). MAA5;MAA8; MAA10)

Confirmation letter of current employment
Email confirming current employment assignment and details
Weekly payslips from current employment (x 4 months)
Invoices for freelance work (x 6 months)
Contract for freelance work x 2
Current account bank statements + copies (x 4 months)
Savings account statements + copies (last annual statements)
Booklet detailing access information for savings accounts (got this from my bank – confirms instant access to savings)

10) WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN UK (IMMIGRATION RULES: Part 8, Paragraph 281 (v). MAA8;MAA10)

Applicant's CV (for seeking work in UK upon arrival)
Employment references for Applicant + copies
Reference for Applicant from former School Principal + copy
Applicant's original qualification certificates + copies
Examples of jobs that Applicant could undertake in the UK (printed out from jobcentre website)
Details of careers relevant to Applicant's skills and experience (printed out from internet)
Examples of training and courses which Applicant could undertake in UK whilst seeking or during employment (printed out from internet)
Details of obtaining full UK driving licence for Applicant as relevant to potential employment
Sponsor's CV
Copy of Sponsor's qualification certificates

I presented each section above witha cover sheet (printed on coloured paper to help make it easier to identify/separate sections) which had the title and relevant immigration rule at the top, and then a list of supporting information included under that section, and number of pages for each document. A lot of detail I know, but I didn't want to leave any room for ECO to say there was stuff missing/lost etc...

To finish up I also attached a post-it note to each supporting document which detailed what it was and the particular immigration rule it applied to. I secured with a paper clip and it was a good way of keeping the copies and original documents together. This mayhave been overkill, but like I said – didn't want to leave any room for error.

It's a lot of information, and it was a massive effort to put together (more intense than I imagined!) but of course worth it, and I actually felt a real sense of achievement (and relief) when I packed all of it up to courier off to my hubby (just about squeezed it all into a box-file).

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:57 am

woow well done and congrats and thanks for sharing ur information whata nice xmas present that is :)

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks. Best xmas pressie ever!! lol

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Post by CharlieBrowne » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Congratulations Clarrygill, :D i bet you are over the moon!! Thank you for all the information, i am getting ready to send all our documents over to my hubby, and apply for his visa!
Can i ask which courier you used to send your documents overseas?

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks! I used parcelforce, but they sub-contracted it to DHL. So don't pay extra to send via DHL, Fedex etc. The post office did well the parcel got there in 4 days. We were told 3 months to process visa application, so you never know your's could be quick too. Good Luck! :)

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Thank you so much, The information is so helpful. Congratz and enjoy married life in the UK.

I cant wait to post my story, I hope its 14 days also!

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Thank you & Good Luck!

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Post by CharlieBrowne » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Thank you, will give them a try it is quite pricey to send all the documents over there with fedex (i was going to use them). My husband will be applying for the visa first week in Jan! Wish me luck :D Maybe we will get lucky and have it processed as fast as you did..xx

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Good Luck

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 am

Not sure if it helped but I put down a date of travel that was quite quick after documents submitted. i.e. documents submitted 21/11/11, date of travel 2/1/12. Maybe they try harder to process in time for your date of travel?

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:26 am

im going to ja in feb so when i go thats when gonna apply for the visa so il be bringing the documents with me i dont trust parcel force or any of that, these things are too important to send them through the post lol

clarrygill
Newly Registered

Post by clarrygill » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:24 am

Are you completing the online application before you travel in February? If you do this then you can pick a date to hand in your documents whilst you are there.

CharlieBrowne
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Update

Post by CharlieBrowne » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm

My husband recieved his spouse visa on Thursday :D , and for anyone interested i have posted the timeline below:

Country applying from: Saint Vincent & The Grenadines
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement Visa
Date application submitted (online or in person): Online – 17th January
Date biometrics taken: 24th January (Barbados)
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: 26th January – (Notified via Email)
Office location processing your visa: UKBA Jamaica
Projected timeline given: 12 Weeks
Date visa was received: February 23rd – (Received a phone call to say that his passport was ready for collection in Saint Vincent)

20 Days!! Whoop Whoop
I was quite shocked actually, wasn’t expecting it to be so fast! :D

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to track applications when applying from Jamaica?

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 am

There isn't a process time but Jamaica are pretty quico my process took just under three weeks. So good luck