ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHY DO WE NEED TO RENEW TIER1 GENERAL MIGRANT VISA TWICE ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

WHY DO WE NEED TO RENEW TIER1 GENERAL MIGRANT VISA TWICE ?

Post by MikkySoft » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 am

My initial Tier1 Visa was submitted on 27/06/2008. The reply to my application did not come back untill 1 year later !! (11/05/2009) after I have decided to leave UK for good because I was really angry I couldn't get reply to my application and decided voultarily to go back to my country.

Having granted the leave, I came back to UK. There was a mistake on my initial grant I thought I supposed to be given 3 years initial leave but I was given 2. I was of the opinion that the renewal would be for 3 years. To my suprise, the renewal was also to 2 years again, meaning that I would have to renew again, paying addition application fees and other costs and inconveniences. I just want to ask immigration solicitors and other more knowledgeable members in the house if this is right. I did not see it in any of the guidance policies or documentations since about 2006 since I have been following this programme that said we would have to renew twice. Please I need your advice if there is anything I can still do in my own case because the hassles of having to prepare for another renewal is very hectic and I don't want to go through that anymore if I can avoid it..

Thank you...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm

1. If the period of leave granted in 2009 was not in accordance with the rules at the time then you should have notified issuing post of the error at that time or UKBA after entering UK.
2. If you did not do that at that time, you should have informed UKBA about it before applying for extension.
3. If you did not even do that, you should have brought it to their attention when applying for extension.

Extension has been granted in accordance with the current rules (245CB) and it seems that the error has been carried forward because you failed to inform UKBA of the error in time and you "assumed" that you would be granted 3 years leave or that the caseworker assessing your extenion application would hopefully note the error from 2 years ago and take corrective action on your behalf.

Consider contacting UKBA, explain the situation and request for necessary corrections to be made (if they can be made at this stage).
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:46 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. If the period of leave granted in 2009 was not in accordance with the rules at the time then you should have notified issuing post of the error at that time or UKBA after entering UK.
2. If you did not do that at that time, you should have informed UKBA about it before applying for extension.
3. If you did not even do that, you should have brought it to their attention when applying for extension.

Extension has been granted in accordance with the current rules (245CB) and it seems that the error has been carried forward because you failed to inform UKBA of the error in time and you "assumed" that you would be granted 3 years leave or that the caseworker assessing your extenion application would hopefully note the error from 2 years ago and take corrective action on your behalf.

Consider contacting UKBA, explain the situation and request for necessary corrections to be made (if they can be made at this stage).
Thank you. I will notify UKBA of this mistake.

Cheers.