ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ink marks on Vignette (visa sticker)-Urgent advise req plz

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ink marks on Vignette (visa sticker)-Urgent advise req plz

Post by mir_azam_k » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi

I have a non-eu passport with Tier 1 psw and I am currently living in UK. I've recently been on vacation and returned to UK last week. But I've noticed that there are some ink spots on my tier 1 (psw) visa, including on my photo on the visa. These marks were caused by the stamp that was put on the adjacent page in my passport, by the immigration officer at the departure airport. Could you please advise if I need to have my vignette (visa sticker) replaced? if yes, please can you advise on the procedure of doing so. Secondly, if I chose not to get it replaced, do you think it will be a problem whenever I am returning from vacation? or even applying for other visas like tier 2 or tier 4 etc.

Many thanks
Kind Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

It will be fine if the rows of numbers at the bottom are still legible. It's a machine-readable vignette and all the relevant info will be available when those numbers are scanned by the Immigration Officer.

mir_azam_k
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mir_azam_k » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It will be fine if the rows of numbers at the bottom are still legible. It's a machine-readable vignette and all the relevant info will be available when those numbers are scanned by the Immigration Officer.
Thanks a lot for your comment.

Rgds