ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 extended family member residence card refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rac25
Newly Registered

EEA2 extended family member residence card refusal

Post by rac25 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 am

Hi forum members,

I have applied for eea2 in oct 2011 on the basis of my maternal family here in uk who all are here on Portuguese passport from last 14 years. But I came here 2 years back on student visa for doing my masters.

Reason of refusal:
1. I have applied PSW on 11 jan 2011 before eea2 application.
And as per refusal document:

In order to qualify for PSW you would be required to provide evidence to show that you were self sufficient in order to support yourself and your studies in uk. It is therefore not accepted that you have been dependant on your EEA family member as claimed.

Please help what should I do next.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

hi

Post by toni34 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:07 am

ofcourse ,they r right,cause for you to qualify for psw you need to prove you were self sufficient.
NON EU national with RC

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Self-sufficient and dependent

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:22 am

UKBA class the definition of self-sufficient as not relying on any public funds for support, including the NHS for health insurance.

Thus, a person could be self-sufficient because the funds come from family members or any other legal source that's not public funds.

So they could be self-sufficient AND dependent on funds from family members at the same time for the majority of their financial needs.

I don't know if this was the case with the OP or not as they have not said what evidence was provided in support of the PSW or EEA2 application.

rizwanvu

Post by rizwanvu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 am

have you got appeal or not. if you got appeal then it will easy to explain becuae you can give any proof which show you are dependent of EEU members . i think you have to contact any good lawer frim. because in EEU -E family member option include if you are living same house in uk and you and eeu national dependent emotionaly . like as brother ,sister like then you can also apply.
RIZWAN

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA2 extended family member residence card refusal

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:19 pm

rac25 wrote:Hi forum members,

I have applied for eea2 in oct 2011 on the basis of my maternal family here in uk who all are here on Portuguese passport from last 14 years. But I came here 2 years back on student visa for doing my masters.

Reason of refusal:
1. I have applied PSW on 11 jan 2011 before eea2 application.
And as per refusal document:

In order to qualify for PSW you would be required to provide evidence to show that you were self sufficient in order to support yourself and your studies in uk. It is therefore not accepted that you have been dependant on your EEA family member as claimed.

Please help what should I do next.
You will need to appeal the decision, if you think it is wrong.

You can have more than one source of income and still be dependant on another preson.

One does not have to be wholly dependant on an EEA national to qualify, however you need to show you need the material support of that EEA national to meet your basis essential needs.

If you lived in their accommodation in the country from which you came, or provision of remittance, that will go a long way to demonstrate this.

All of this will depend on what information you provided them in previous application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rac25
Newly Registered

Need one more help...

Post by rac25 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:22 pm

thanks everyone for your feedback...
Would visiting my parents back home for 2 weeks will raise any problem for me , as I decided to file my application again....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Need one more help...

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:47 am

rac25 wrote:Would visiting my parents back home for 2 weeks will raise any problem for me , as I decided to file my application again....
I am not sure if I understand your question