ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension. Cycle scheme Gross salary deductions??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Grapheler
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension. Cycle scheme Gross salary deductions??

Post by Grapheler » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 am

I am applying for my tier 1 extension and need a bit of clarification on the issue of cycle scheme deductions from my salary. The issue of pensions has been covered alot but not really this type of deduction.
The deduction is made before paye and NI.

Example (monthly)

salary £3000
cycle scheme deductions £95
Gross salary £2905

Do i put the initial £3000 as my gross monthly salary or the adjusted £2095.
My salary is fine either way, just don't want to get caught on a technicality. the ukba glossary of terms calls a salary:

Gross salary

The amount your employer pays you before tax and other official deductions have been made.

but it all seems a bit vague

Thanks for any help.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 am

There should be no problem with using the full amount as it is part of your remuneration paid as an allowance.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Technically, this is salary sacrifice similar to pension contribution and child care voucher. As long as this amount is declared in your pay slip, it should be fine. You should count this as salary.

instant_noodles
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension. Cycle scheme Gross salary deductions??

Post by instant_noodles » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Grapheler wrote:I am applying for my tier 1 extension and need a bit of clarification on the issue of cycle scheme deductions from my salary. The issue of pensions has been covered alot but not really this type of deduction.
The deduction is made before paye and NI.

Example (monthly)

salary £3000
cycle scheme deductions £95
Gross salary £2905

Do i put the initial £3000 as my gross monthly salary or the adjusted £2095.
My salary is fine either way, just don't want to get caught on a technicality. the ukba glossary of terms calls a salary:

Gross salary

The amount your employer pays you before tax and other official deductions have been made.

but it all seems a bit vague

Thanks for any help.
to be on the safe side calculate ur earnings @2095 unless u confirm it from an expert.

Grapheler
Newly Registered

Post by Grapheler » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I rang the homeoffice and they said that i should put the higher amount as my gross salary. He said the cycle sheme deduction was similar to a pension deduction.
I hope it will be all fine. There is no deception, and my payslip evidence clearly shows either amount, which are both above what i need. I sent a letter from my employer with the application stating that my the salary claimed for was 'before deductions.'

Hopefully the fella on the phone knew what he was talking about.

cheers for the replies people