ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cant find biometric appointments in croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prmoily
Newly Registered

Cant find biometric appointments in croydon

Post by prmoily » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi,

I received a biometric notification letter (dated 14th Dec 2011). My visa is expiring on 15th Jan 2012. I am not able to find any appointments online at Croydon for the next 15 working days. The only appointment available is at Belfast out of all the locations.

Please suggest what needs to be done now. I can call the helpline only on monday for appointments and I am not sure if they will have anything available for me.

Also, I am not sure what option to select in the dropdown when booking the appointment for Biometric online. Is it any of the following?

BR1 through BR4 OR Tier 1(general).
Its not clearly explained in the website.

Thanks,
Prakash

sriyab1
Newly Registered

Post by sriyab1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 am

Hi,
If you do not have dependents, then try for the Post Office option, or call their numbers and seek advise. select the latest available dates, I too had similar problems and gave Biometrics on the 15th working day at croydon as I had two dependents.

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Next 15 working days from December 14th will extend into January taking into account there are three bank holidays in England over the Christmas, New Year's break. But as the previous post I would contact the UKBA for advice if you cannot do it at a selected post office.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:17 pm

You are applying for tier 1 general therefore you select tier 1 general.

There is no requirement to take an appointment in 15 days, just to book one in 15 days.

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Try some of the other locations in the UK. When I checked on Friday. There were appointments available for 3rd January in Liverpool. It is probably going to be easier/cheaper to travel to Liverpool rather than Belfast.

Out of curiosity, may I ask when you posted your application? I am waiting for the biometric letter too and I posted my application on 2nd December.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi,

Here are the dates of my application.

6th Dec - applied by post for me + 2 dependants (wife and son)
15th Dec - received the biometric appointment letter

15th Jan 2012 - Visa expiring..

Since I have dependants, post office option is ruled out for me.

Let me call the customer care center and seek their opinion first.
Else, will have to travel to Liverpool.

Regards,
Prakash

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 am

Hi,

I called up the phone booking number.

I am getting an appointment for 22nd Jan in Croydon which wont work obviously as my visa is expiring on 15th Jan.

This means the only option left is Liverpool. Is there anything else anyone can advise please?

Regards,
Prakash

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 am

Did you ask the staff member on the phone if it is fine to submit biometric details on Jan 22nd even though your visa expires on Jan 15th provided you book the appointment for 22nd Jan right now?

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:14 am

I called up the helpline and they confirmed that it is fine to pick that appointment on 22nd Jan as thats the earliest available. Also, it is not illegal as my application is still in progress. The person on the phone said it very rudely when I insisted on knowing if this is the right way.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am

I have booked 19th Jan tentatively as thats what I got online. And this is what was suggested by the lady in the UKBA helpline to pick whatever is available at the earliest.

I am not 100% sure if this is valid as my visa is expiring on 15th Jan.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Prakash

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi,

I am getting an appointment in Belfast on Friday, 23rd Dec. However, I am not sure if I will be able to travel to Belfast on my Tier 1 visa. I am assuming I dont need any passport to travel to that part of UK.

Could you please confirm?

Regards,
Prakash

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm

prmoily wrote:Hi,

I am getting an appointment in Belfast on Friday, 23rd Dec. However, I am not sure if I will be able to travel to Belfast on my Tier 1 visa. I am assuming I dont need any passport to travel to that part of UK.

Could you please confirm?

Regards,
Prakash
why would you book an appointment in Belfast? Why not just wait until one in Croydon becomes available? if there are none available in Croydon you are not expected to travel 100s of miles to the nearest centre.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

prmoily wrote:I have booked 19th Jan tentatively as thats what I got online. And this is what was suggested by the lady in the UKBA helpline to pick whatever is available at the earliest.

I am not 100% sure if this is valid as my visa is expiring on 15th Jan.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Prakash
if this is the earliest appointment, and it's in Croydon then you should accept it. If your leave expires whilst your application is outstanding, (which is very common) then your leave will be treated as continuing under Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. Turning down this appointment for the sake of one a few weeks early over in Belfast is really unnecesary - and you probably still won't even get a decision before your leave expires anyway.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks.

Accidentally, I selected none in the dependants dropdown and was able to see 3rd Jan as the availability in Croydon.

Is it possible to do the biometric alone and my dependants do it separately later (maybe 19th Jan).

The reason I am insisting on an earlier date is because my contract wont be renewed without them seeing the visa approval letter on or before 15th Jan. So, I am not sure if this is possible. I know I am thinking out loud, but not sure if this is possible. Please advise. I will also call the helpline tomorrow to find out about it.

Regards,
Prakash

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:11 am

You and your dependents have to give your biometric details together.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:56 am

even if you go to Belfast on 23rd December, there is no guarantee you will get a decision by 15th Jan- and it is probably most likely that you won't. You are legally allowed to work whilst your application is outstanding so perhaps you need to discuss further with your employer.

prmoily
Newly Registered

Post by prmoily » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks, Greenie.

I confirmed with my employer and they are fine to extend my contract as long as I can show them the visa approval when it comes through.

Rescheduled my appointment to 26th Jan in Croydon. Assuming that this is fine as I have booked it within the 15 working days of receiving the apointment letter.