ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nivedita
Newly Registered

HSMP

Post by nivedita » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:59 am

Dear all,

We are going to apply for HSMP in next month.Before that could you help me with my doubts,

1.How much time will it take to process?
2.What kind of papers do we need to submit to show our current financial status?
3.We were in uk for last one year on student visa.could that help us to get our HSMP faster.
4.If I want to apply fgor jobs in uk before my HSMP what I sould do?

Please help me regarding the same.
Thanks
Best Regards,
Nivedita

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi Nivedita,

You will find answers (and much more useful information) regarding HSMP here:-
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/

The processing time can vary from 2 weeks to 14 weeks, or even more. No one can say for sure how much time his/her application will take to process. Student status in UK does not add any "extra" weightage to your application to warrant faster processing.

For job hunt, get in touch with the consultants there, try the job portals and get in touch with your university's career guidance cell.

regards

nivedita
Newly Registered

Post by nivedita » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.The site u gave is very useful.

I just want to know that is it required to check all my educational certificate by NARIC or Indian certificates will do the job? and if any one could guide me regarding how to apply for a job from india and which agencies to contact?

regards,
Nivedita

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:21 pm

I just want to know that is it required to check all my educational certificate by NARIC or Indian certificates will do the job?
Depends on the course and the university. But if you want to be 100% sure and on the safe side, I would suggest that you apply to NARIC for a letter of comparability.

regards

nivedita
Newly Registered

Post by nivedita » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi!
We are going to apply for HSMp in next month.My husband works as an marine engineer.Last one year we were in uk for his marine studies. We are going to apply on his name.He joined the ship in june.So now our problem is he has only last 5 months salary slips.So would it be fine.as before that we were in uk.Please guide me.
Could any one please send me the list of overseas agencies in uk.
Tahnks.
Nivedita

v3

Post by v3 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:11 pm

Hi Nivedita,

You need to provide minimum two evidences for eg:

> wage slips
> tax document
> bank statements

Please go through http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... rguidance/

most of questions will be answered to u by these docs.

Other question on agencies ? do u need employment agencies or hsmp consultants ?

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/ this is registered list whr u can find all consultants.
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi Nivedita,

Honestly, you need to take out time to read through the documents available on the site ( mentioned earlier. It is the caseworker's internal guidance notes.

The answer to your query is given in the PDF document "past earnings". From what I can remember, I think you should wait for a couple of months more as earnings calculations can be done on a pro-rata basis only if one has spent (read has earned income) a good part of the 12 months (previous to application) in one country (I think that means at least 6-8 months).

And as V3 rightly mentioned, you need 2 evidences to prove your earnings.

I sincerely advise you to carefully read through the notes on the said website.

regards