ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of ILR on basis of long residence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mnadeemphy
Newly Registered

Dependant of ILR on basis of long residence

Post by mnadeemphy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,
I am going to apply for ILR on basis of long residance.
I want to know what form should i use to apply for the extansion for my two dependant coz i think i cannot apply for my dependant on same SET(O) form.

How long will my dependant get the visa for and when will I apply for their ILR.

THANKS

Nad

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am

1. When does your current leave expire?
2. What is your current immigration category?
3. When does your dependants' current leave expire?
4. When do you become eligible for settlement under long residence and when do you intend to apply for settlement on that basis?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mnadeemphy
Newly Registered

Post by mnadeemphy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 am

1-My current leave expire 29.02.2012
2-Tier 1 (general)
3-Dependant leave expire 29.02.2012
I am eligible for long residence on 04.02.2012 and i want to apply in january 2012.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:31 am

When did your family come to UK first time as your dependants?
Assuming one dependant to be a child, when and where was the child born?

mnadeemphy
Newly Registered

Post by mnadeemphy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:38 am

My wife came to uk on 03.05.2008 and she went abroad for about three and half month from 17.11.2010 till 03.03.2011. My daughter was born in Uk on 07.04.2010.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am

Wife:
1. Your wife should apply for FLR(M).
2. She may apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for settlement or soon after you have applied for settlement ... but definitely before her current leave expires.
In either case, make sure that it is mentioned in a covering letter that you are applying / have applied for settlement (and provide necessary personal details - name, dob, nationality, passport no., settlement application reference no. (if she applies after you have received the same) etc.) to help UKBA tag your wife's (and child's) FLR application to your settlement application.
3. Assuming she entered UK in 2008 as a dependant of Tier 1 (General) migrant, she may apply for settlement using SET(M) as soon as she is granted FLR(M) leave (287(a)(i)(d)).

Child:
Unless you intend to travel with the UK-born-child soon after being granted settlement, there is no need for the child to be included in the mother's FLR(M) application. After you are granted settlement, the UK-born-child will be entitled to be registered as a British citizen under section 1(3) of the nationality act.

mnadeemphy
Newly Registered

Post by mnadeemphy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks for ur reply.

My daughter travelled with my wife in november last year so we had to get dependant visa for her, which will expire on same date as my wife.

Should i still just apply for my wife extension and wen i get my ILR then apply for my daughter passport?

I hope u understand what i want to ask.

Thanks again.

Nad