ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying EEA3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expresso
Newly Registered

Applying EEA3

Post by expresso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi,

I am a EEA natonal and I am applying EEA3 soon as employee.
I am working with the same employer since Febuary 2007.
My queston is I don't have all the P60 2007-2012, to cover the period which I don't have the P60 can I send them 60 months paysilp plus any P60 I got?
What is the chance to be accepted doing this?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Just provide a letter from your employer to confirm your employment for the whole period. There is no specific requirement to provide the P60s or payslips. A letter is as good. Have your employer to confirm your address in the letter so it can also be used to confirm residence.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Avoid where possible to send documents that cannot be replaced if lost!

Get a letter from your employer, confirming the period of employment, as Jambo suggests.
If I were a caseworker, I would not be happy if an applicant sent me 60 pieces of paper where one would be sufficient...

Alternatively, you can ask the tax office to send you certified printouts of your tax calculations for the last five or six years. I've done this on a few occasions; they did it very quickly with no questions asked.

Anyway, why do you want your PR confirmed? It doesn't add much value in daily life for an EEA national, unless you have non-EEA family members or children for whom you want to get a British passport.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks all for your reply.

I am applying EEA3 because I want to simplified for my wife to become British quicker, rather than waiting for her until end of 2016 to apply EEA4.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:27 pm

fysicus wrote: If I were a caseworker, I would not be happy if an applicant sent me 60 pieces of paper where one would be sufficient...
Why?
All this is about to prove something to them. When I applied for my PR I Have provided about 250 payslips(I was paid weekly) for five years.
It was good enough. Don't worry about them, if you can't provide p60 send payslips instead.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 pm

boloney wrote:
fysicus wrote: If I were a caseworker, I would not be happy if an applicant sent me 60 pieces of paper where one would be sufficient...
Why?
All this is about to prove something to them. When I applied for my PR I Have provided about 250 payslips(I was paid weekly) for five years.
It was good enough. Don't worry about them, if you can't provide p60 send payslips instead.
The case worker is still allowed to unhappy even if you provide the necessary documents. The comment was not if this proof is good enough or not but rather a comment on simplifiying the caseworker work

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:38 pm

expresso wrote:Thanks all for your reply.

I am applying EEA3 because I want to simplified for my wife to become British quicker, rather than waiting for her until end of 2016 to apply EEA4.
Unless you yourself become British, holding the PR confirmation will not change anything for your wife. and if you are after British Citizenship, you can skip the EEA3 application and apply for it after 6 years in the uk.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:46 pm

I am here more than 6years (I am here more than 8years).

So can I become British Now.

Do I need to pass Skill for Life test to get British Passport?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 pm

You need to pass "Life in the UK" test before applying for British citizenship.
If granted you become British and can apply for a British passport.

Have a look in form AN. It has a section (2.4-26) for EEA national applying. You can provide the same proof as for the EE3 application and apply directly for British Citizenship. Your case seems simple so I would suggest you skip the EEA3 and apply now for BC.

Just to confirm - you said you worked from Feb 2007, but did you also work in the year before? The important years for a BC application for section 2.4-2.6 if you apply now would be 2006-2011.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Came to the UK in 2003.

2003 to 2005 I had been student.
I work since 2005, but as temporary worker (trought agency).

Once I become British when does my wife can become British?
For info she came to the UK in April 20011.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Temporary work doesn't make a difference. As long as it is real work, that's fine. Just provide evidence for the required years in the form.

As for wife - On which immigration "visa" is she now? EEA Residence card or other?

There two options: the cheapest and the quickest.

The cheapest is using the EEA route which means she can apply in April 2016. This route is free.
The quickest will require her to switch to the national UK immigration rules which would probably means after 3 years in the UK (if rules stay the same then). It will cost about £1500 to go via this route.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:05 pm

She got her EEA2 in October 2011.

If she switch to the national UK migration rules does she must need to be active ex student, worker, self employed...ect.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm

No. In both options, there is no such requirement for her as she is your dependent.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:21 am

expesso, you are aware that in order for your wife to attain BC 'quickly', i.e before 2016/17, the UK immigration route is the only other means possible? This comes with substantial fees - from acquiring a spouse visa to ILR to BC - and may mean that your wife may have to return to her country of origin to lodge an application. She may not be able to switch in-country because she doesn't currently hold a UK entry clearance (a RC is not considered/defined as entry clearance).

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 pm

What can I send as proof of residence (address) for the last 5 years for an EEA3?

Tenancy agreement and utility bills was on parents name.

For bank statements I never receive because of paperless statement.

Please any idea.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Read again my first post.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks Jambo,

But I change address last year.

Employer will only comfirm current address. What about previous address?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Letters from government departments, payslip/p60 with an address on it, a letter from a GP that you have visited the practice regularly. Surely you should be able to prove you have been living in the UK for the past 5 years.

expresso
Newly Registered

Post by expresso » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi All,

Is just to tell you that I receive my permanent residence card (EEA3) today.

I want to know something, UKBA didn't sent back my previous residence card (EEA1), it is missing or thay keep it?

Thanks to everyone for your help.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

For what would you need your old Registration Certificate in the first place? It can now only have some emotional value for you but not any practical. Even a Permanent Registration Certificate has very little practical value for an EEA national.
As far as I know it is common policy that UKBA keeps obsolete residence documents, to reduce the possibility that they are used to produce forged documents.

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:33 pm

expresso wrote:Hi All,

Is just to tell you that I receive my permanent residence card (EEA3) today.

I want to know something, UKBA didn't sent back my previous residence card (EEA1), it is missing or thay keep it?

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Why did you send it to ukba? I kept my one, they did even ask for it.

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 pm

fysicus wrote: Even a Permanent Registration Certificate has very little practical value for an EEA national.
I think you are wrong, if Eea national Have PR confirmation that make it easy to prove, otherwise I will Have to show 5 years worth of payslips to prove it. Anyway not everyone knows Eea national rights.
Few years ago I was going for induction on construction site, security block asked me about my immigration status, I explained to him, then my Irish mate explained to him, he did't belive us. Reported me to site manager and they ask me to prove it.
My passport was enough, but not for them, and my residence card does the job at the time. So you never know when it became handy.

japp63
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by japp63 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Hello,first post so will ask for your kindness please ! So,soon will apply for PR after 5 years residency/romanian holding blue registration certificate. Question : during this 5 years period I have a gap of 5 months in my employment history ,time which i was present in the country but not working or claiming unemployment or anything else ,IS THIS going to affect me in any unwanted way ?? thank you for your answers !

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 pm

japp63 wrote:Hello,first post so will ask for your kindness please ! So,soon will apply for PR after 5 years residency/romanian holding blue registration certificate. Question : during this 5 years period I have a gap of 5 months in my employment history ,time which i was present in the country but not working or claiming unemployment or anything else ,IS THIS going to affect me in any unwanted way ?? thank you for your answers !
Welcome! If you detail you're employment history, it would help.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

WHY?

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 am

Why was there a five-month gap?

Why and in what way did your employment end? ( sacked, quit, made redundant, contract ended or what?)

What did you do during those five months?

How did you survive without working or claiming benefits?

Do you have a Romanian EHIC card or comprehensive sickness insurance?

The answers to those questions would help people give a more appropriate answer to your question.