ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC not playing ball. Suggestions for workaround welcome

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sts96508
Member of Standing

HSBC not playing ball. Suggestions for workaround welcome

Post by sts96508 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi All,

My background:
Salaried. Employed in UK since May-11.
Tier 1 expires Feb 6th, 2012.
Jan salary will be credited to hsbc account on 27-Jan-12.
Need evidence of this salary credit to earn enough previous earning points. Need to apply for extension by 06-Feb, but monthly postal bank statements reach mid month.

Just back from a visit to hsbc belfast branch where they said they will not stamp a statement they will print out for me after 27-Jan-12. The statement will be on official bank stationary with colored logo on top, BUT it will say 'temporary statement'. The bank official said home office sometimes accepts such statements, but sometimes they dont!

What are my options ? I am toying with these ideas, but ideas are welcome please :
-find bank which will attest temporary statement and switch bank for Jan salary
-register as self employed and earn the 1500GBP shortfall if I can't get proper evidence for my Jan salary.
-find out if tax authorities can give documentary evidence about Jan-12 salary tax and NI deduction, so I dont need the bank statement as evidence.

thanks
S

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Home Office customer care just said for the last salary payslip should suffice.

Anybody hear anything like this before ?

Thanks
S

bestprint
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: HSBC not playing ball. Suggestions for workaround welcom

Post by bestprint » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm

hi, when u get your pay in the bank, order statement via cash machine and you will recieve orignall statement via post in 3-4 working days.
at the same time get ready the statement from bank with orignal letter head and go to different branches and request different people nicely, they will stamp it. or ask for manager and explain him/her some will definatly help you. just try and try.

sts96508 wrote:Hi All,

My background:
Salaried. Employed in UK since May-11.
Tier 1 expires Feb 6th, 2012.
Jan salary will be credited to hsbc account on 27-Jan-12.
Need evidence of this salary credit to earn enough previous earning points. Need to apply for extension by 06-Feb, but monthly postal bank statements reach mid month.

Just back from a visit to hsbc belfast branch where they said they will not stamp a statement they will print out for me after 27-Jan-12. The statement will be on official bank stationary with colored logo on top, BUT it will say 'temporary statement'. The bank official said home office sometimes accepts such statements, but sometimes they dont!

What are my options ? I am toying with these ideas, but ideas are welcome please :
-find bank which will attest temporary statement and switch bank for Jan salary
-register as self employed and earn the 1500GBP shortfall if I can't get proper evidence for my Jan salary.
-find out if tax authorities can give documentary evidence about Jan-12 salary tax and NI deduction, so I dont need the bank statement as evidence.

thanks
S

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks mate. Nice suggestion. Will try my best to get it stamped. I have a PEO appointment on the 1st of Feb which leaves me with little time.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

HSBC wont stamp but this will not cause any issues as long as you get your statement printed on Bank's stationary with HSBC Logo.
Good luck