ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All previous P60

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thewolfman21

All previous P60

Post by thewolfman21 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi - I have completed my 5 years period - WP + Tier 1 General. And will be submitting my ILR Application next week.
Whilst on WP i changed my employer once.

Can someone from their recent ILR experience tell me if all 5 year P60's are required, As i cannot recall them being requirement in SET (O) neither in Immigration Directorate Instruction Chapter 6A.

As all i have got is just the P60 from April 2011.

Was thinking if this can be a reason for refusal?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:15 am

thewolfman21 wrote:Hi - I was issued a WP from company 'A' in Jan 2007 and then i got a WP Approval from company B to start in Aug 2007. I left company A on 31 July 2007 and my first day at company B was 24 Aug 2007. And then in Oct i got the visa stamped on passport as it was clearly mentioned in approval that i can start work immediately but had to get visa stamped within a set time limit.

Now i am unsure how those 24 days fit in my application for ILR. Do i need to wait for extra 24 days on top of 5 years before filing the visa application.
(i.e. Jan 2007 - Jan 2012 plus 24 days)
Can this be a problem during ILR Application as specially whilst relocating i couldn't finish one job on fri and start a new one on monday.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 am

1. Not providing P60s for the previous cannot be a reason of refusal but you may be asked to provide alternate evidence(s) of your employment / income / economic activity if a caseworker wants to see P60s and you don't have them.

Some caseworkers ask for them, some don't. So no one can tell you what will happen in your case.

2. When was the leave issued on basis of WP from employer A due to expire? When did you apply for leave to remain on basis of WP from employer B? When did you start working for employer B?

thewolfman21

WP expiry dates

Post by thewolfman21 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Helo - The WP from Employer A was from Jan 2007 to Jan 2012. and then in May 2007 I recieved the approval from Employer B for 5 years which i did get stamped after i started to work for employer B i.e. again for 5 years but this time it was until Oct 2012 as in the approval it was mentioned that i can start work with employer B on the basis of approval but have to get visa stamped within 6 months and those 6 months were from May to Nov so i got it stamped in Oct.

Thanks for your help in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: WP expiry dates

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:05 am

thewolfman21 wrote:in the approval it was mentioned that i can start work with employer B on the basis of approval but have to get visa stamped within 6 months and those 6 months were from May to Nov so i got it stamped in Oct.
Should be okay then. Include this letter in the application pack.

thewolfman21

time between employment

Post by thewolfman21 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 am

Hi Sushdmehta - Thankyou so much for your advice. Can you please comment on this pls:

I left company A on 31 July 2007 and my first day at company B was 24 Aug 2007.Now i am unsure how those 24 days of unemployment between two jobs fit in my application for ILR.

I intend to make an application in person immediately after completion of 5 years. I have read that we can apply by post upto 28 days before it is due, Does that apply on applications made in person as well. If so i can ask them to compensate from those days.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: time between employment

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:29 am

thewolfman21 wrote:I left company A on 31 July 2007 and my first day at company B was 24 Aug 2007.Now i am unsure how those 24 days of unemployment between two jobs fit in my application for ILR.
Irrelevant to the application.

thewolfman21

Further clarification

Post by thewolfman21 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi sushdmehta,
Further to your comment 'Irrelevant to the application'.
Can you pls clarify bit more as of on what basis (just as a backup for myself).
Thanks
Last edited by thewolfman21 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thewolfman21

WP Employer take over

Post by thewolfman21 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 pm

My current situation is WP + Tier1 and my current employer is my 2nd employer. Whilst i was working for my previous employer during my last 2 months, the company was taken over hence the name was changed. However at time whilst i was there this wasn't notified to Home office as a technical change. It might well be that they did that for WP holders after i left as these things take time but as a result my P60 shows the name as it appears on WP approval whereas my P45 shows the new name. What are your thoughts on this? Can this cause a problem whilst applying for ILR? I quitted my job with previous employer 4 years ago.

jack902

Why all this talk of P60's? It's not the only requirement

Post by jack902 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Why are there so many mentions of submitting your P60's?

If you are able to provide your original payslips and bank statements (showing proof of salary being paid into your account) for the entire period, then there is NO need to also provide your P60's.

Correct?

sweet1
Newly Registered

No P60s

Post by sweet1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I got ILR recently through premium at Croydon. I had zero P60s just 4 months bank statements and 3 payslips.

I am a 5 year work permit holder - one employer

Other docs provided:
Electricity bill
Council Tax Bill
Tenancy Agreement
Household Insurance certificate
LIUK test certificate
Letter from employer