ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty notice driving + naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsme
Member of Standing

Fixed penalty notice driving + naturalization

Post by itsme » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi, One of my friend applied for naturalization a week back and his application under progress now.. unfortunately he got a fixed penalty Notice for driving without valid insurance. IN10. code.

He's willing to pay the penalty 200£ and got 6 points on his license.
Let me know if he needs to inform UKBA office on this... has anyone undergone similar circumstances.
thanks in advance.Does this have any effect on his passport application and/or naturalization ???

As per UKBA guidelines on naturalization....... this is'nt classified as conviction.....

3.2.2 Where the applicant is of good character in all other respects caseworkers should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in:
------
e.
a fixed penalty notice and Scottish fiscal fines - these fines are not classed as convictions and as such do not attract a spent period (see paragraph 3.2.3).

regards,
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm

Your reading of the guidance is selective - IN10 is driving without insurance and the guidance (AN form) says the following:

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offencesâ€

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:45 pm

[quote="Backer"]Your reading of the guidance is selective - IN10 is driving without insurance and the guidance (AN form) says the following:

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By “minor offencesâ€
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

Tahirhameed
Newly Registered

points on my licence and naturalisation

Post by Tahirhameed » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Dear All,

I am going through huge tension over my head and need your HELP PLEASE.

Actually i have to apply for naturalisation and the problem is in November 2010 i got 6 points on my license and had a fine of £200 because of driving without insurance.

Now there are two points that need to be made. First is that my Driving Licence Counterpart says "FIXED PENALTY" and the form AN says that "We would not normally take one fixed penalty into account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months".

Second is that the form AN also says that "Drink driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either."

If the case worker takes my case as FIXED PENALTY then my nationalisation application would be successful but not in the second case.

I want to find out if my application would be successful or not. Please help me with as much information and advise as possible.

Regards,

Smallfamily

Re: points on my licence and naturalisation

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:39 am

Tahirhameed wrote:Dear All,

I am going through huge tension over my head and need your HELP PLEASE.

Actually i have to apply for naturalisation and the problem is in November 2010 i got 6 points on my license and had a fine of £200 because of driving without insurance.

Now there are two points that need to be made. First is that my Driving Licence Counterpart says "FIXED PENALTY" and the form AN says that "We would not normally take one fixed penalty into account, unless you have had more than one fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months".

Second is that the form AN also says that "Drink driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified or driving whilst using a mobile phone are not minor offences either."

If the case worker takes my case as FIXED PENALTY then my nationalisation application would be successful but not in the second case.

I want to find out if my application would be successful or not. Please help me with as much information and advise as possible.

Regards,
Yes you are right unfortunately you have a very slim chance for a successful application because driving without insurance does come under major offence...so my advice is to not to apply yet.

Hope this helps