ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

paternity leave

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

paternity leave

Post by vhathiramani » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi,
I am due for extending my tier 1 visa. I have been paid for paternity leave for 14 days but did not take any more leave for that. Not much information has been mentioned about it. I was paid paternity leave and salary together ,am self employed...any advise as things are not clear, also period for leave is quit short.
Vimal

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:41 pm

What particular advice? What do you wish to know?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: paternity leave

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 am

vhathiramani wrote:am self employed
Self-employed and paternity leave? If you are self-employed then who sanctioned paternity leave? A client?

Or am I missing something?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

I am a self employed nhs dentist ,work as an associate for a corporate body. There is not much info on paternity leave. Ill get the required earnings for the extension without the earnings recieved for paternity leave. I want to keep things as simple aspossible ...
Vimal

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 am

Sorry, did not reply you. the paternity pay is sanctioned by the nhs who pay the corporate who pays it to me along with the reg.earnings/salary
Vimal

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:09 am

In the scenario of "self-employment", there is no "employer" but a "client". A "self-employed" individual is not an "employee" of a "client" but a "service provider / vendor".

Since a "client" is not an "employer", there is no "salary or pay" paid by the client but a client makes a "payment in lieu of charges invoiced by the service provider / vendor". Likewise, a "client" cannot authorise "paternity leave" of a "service provider / vendor".

Salary / pay is reflected in "salary slip", so who issues them to you? Only the issuer of a "salary slip" can authorise your paternity leave or pay you "salary and its constituents (e.g. - paternity pay)". No one else can!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!