ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying after PR issued by HO -RoR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Marrying after PR issued by HO -RoR

Post by alexanoon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 am

Hi, Firstly thank you for guiding me through out my journey here.I have come back with one more question to ask. I have been issues a PR from HO after retention of rights after divorce. (been married for about 4 years and divorced for 2.5 yrs)

I want to re-marry now and wanted to check that my fiance is on PSW visa at the moment. after we get married can I apply for his Visa based on my PR or will HO cause any issues in giving him a VISA. I am not sure that even now If i can marry even though HO have issued me with a PR.

I apologise for my ignorace and would request somebody to please throw some light on the issue above.

Thanks in advance

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:50 am

I don't think there are any obstacles for marrying.

But please note, even though you have PR, you are still not an EEA national, and so your spouse will not become a family member of an EEA national, and any visa, residence permit or whatever will have to be sorted out under the UK Immigration Rules.

alexanoon
Newly Registered

Post by alexanoon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for the answer, but is there a provision under UK law to grant my partner a Visa after marriage because I now hold a PR.
thanks
fysicus wrote:I don't think there are any obstacles for marrying.

But please note, even though you have PR, you are still not an EEA national, and so your spouse will not become a family member of an EEA national, and any visa, residence permit or whatever will have to be sorted out under the UK Immigration Rules.

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm

[quote="alexanoon"]Thanks for the answer, but is there a provision under UK law to grant my partner a Visa after marriage because I now hold a PR.
thanks quote]

Yes, She will be able to switch her immigration status as a spouse using FLR(M) form(as required by UK law).

GOD BLESS