ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:12 am

hi , my wife will be submitting her visa application soon , just waiting for esol internation diploma results & cerfictate. i have made the following contents page for a visa file

Application for UK Entry Clearance - Settlement Visa

Contents Of Application

1) Applicant Documents
a) Visa application form (VAF4A)
b) Applicant Letter
c) Date of Birth Certificate
d) Sponsorship undertaking form (SU 07)
e) Settlement - English Language Requirement VAF 4A Annex
(ELT) 2010
f) ESOL International Diploma Certificate
g) Biometrics Appointment Sheet with stamp and signature from
Application Support Centre

2) Marriage
a) Wedding Ceremony Certificate
b) Wedding Registration
c) Wedding Invitation

3) Sponsor Identification
a) Passport Copy Certified
b) Sponsorship Declaration
c) Previous Visa Stamps to India
d) Original Birth Certificate

4) Sponsor's Accommodation
a) Accommodation Letter (Certified)
b) House Deeds
c) Council Tax Statement
d) Mortgage Statement
e) House Bills (Gas,Electric,Water)

5) Sponsor’s Employment
a) Employment Letter
b) Employment Contract
c) 6 Months Payslip
d) P60 end of year tax form 2010/2011

6) Sponsor Finance
a) 6 month Bank Statements
b) ISA Saving Statement
c) Monthly Savings Account

Applicant & Sponsor Communication
a) Itemised Call Records
b) Photographs of Bride & Groom
c) Receipt of Money Transfer from Sponsor to Applicant

can anyone tell me if this contents pages is ok and if all the required documents are appropritae & acceptable.

thank you

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:53 am

Hi Easy Tiger,

Number 1d(SU 07, undertaking) is not required for settlement Visas, also another moderator advised against it, unless UKBA specifically request it.

More info: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85458

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi , can anyone tell me what documents does my wife needs to submit as part of her uk spouse visa application. I have my documents as her husband to support her application.

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi, would anyone be so kind to explain what documents my wife will need on her part to support her uk spouse visa application. I have povided all the supported documents as her husband. My wife lives with her parents in india and does work or study except taking English course to meet the new visa requirement.

Thanks

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Easy Tiger, every application is different. Nobody can tell you without seeing the quality of the documents, and that can be done by an immigration lawyer. I recommend searching through this forum and then make a decision. However I recommend at least including the below :

Her current passport; previous passports dated within the last 10 years; a couple of photos; original English language test result certificate. If she has any savings she can include bank statements; any property or other assets include evidence of those; qualifications that could help her get employment.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:11 pm

hi , im returning back to this forum after a long time. my wife has finaly submittered her uk spouse visa application as of october 27th through a uk based solicter after over comming a few problems along the way. it has been seven months since we got married and people on her would know what it is like being away from other half aftef all this time.

my wife had taken ESOL International Dipolma and passed with out a problem. can some one tell me what and how many documents or cerficate do you get when you pass this english course. my wife recieved the following :

* test results sheet
* listening certifcate seperate
* reading ceficate seperate
* writing cerficate seperate
* speaking cerficate seperate

is their anything else she should of got as her english school contacted her today and told her she should be recieving a final confirmation or cerficate. my wife was unsure as to what they were refering to.

her exam was on the august 25th 2011 and it has taken around 8 weeks for her to get her test results and cerficate after many problems and excuses.

also would the delay in submitting her uk visa application cause a problem with UKBA. I have maintained cointact with my wife by phone since we got married 7 month ago by providing telephone call records. i have also included a personal letter on my behalf explaining how and where we met as well as the reason for the delay.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 am

Hi , I would appreciate it if someone would be so kind and answer my question I posted on Friday .

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:03 pm

hi , i just want to know when you do the City & Guilds ESOL Internation Diploma what and how many documents or cerficates do u get after passing the test.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi , I'm still awaiting for answer to a question I posted on 28th October about the ESOL International Diploma. Can someon please reply back to me with answer to my question. !

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , my wife submitted her uk spouse visa application on 27th October 2011. It's been 5 weeks now and i know it can take up 2 12 weeks but i was woundering why does it still say your application has been forwarded to the British high commission when u track it.

What is the process involved when you submitt your application. Does the Eco just look at your application and supported documents and make a decision or do they spend time looking at wifes record in India first and then my record here in the uk.

Thank you
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Visa processing times

Everything that an ECO needs to do to arrive at a decision, which may include verification of evidences submitted and any claims made.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi , my wife submitted her visa application on October 27th 2011 at jalandhur Vfs global application Center. It's been 7 weeks since yesterday and every time I go online to track my wife's visa application it's says it has been forwarded to British high commission.

Can someone please explain to me what the last status message means.

Around 12pm today I went online and the status of the aplication changed to the visa application is being processed. Then about 10 mins later it the status changed again to the Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection.

Can someone please explain what Didrikson status message means?

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi , I would appreciate if anyone would so kind and answer my question I posted earlier today.

Thank you

diehard

Post by diehard » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 pm

It means decision has been made and passport has been sent by british high comission to your VFS centre, it should be with you very soon. Goodluck

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

hi , first of all thank your for answering my question and cheers for the support. at first i did think that they have sent my wifes passport and documents back to the VFS Global visa application center in jalandhar and said to wait to pick it up.

the status of my wife visa application changed quickly on two occasion in the space of 10 mins. so for the last 7 weeks when the status was your application has been forwarded to the BHC , did they process the application by verfiing all the documents in that time. was the application and supported documenst then passed onto the entry clearance officer who made the decission.

feel free to correct me on anything i have said.

thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:38 pm

hi everyone just to let u all know my wife recieved spouse visa today. I would like to say thank you to everyone on here who help me during this year. It's been a exhausting and stressful time during this visa process but I really appreciate all your help. Also congratulation to anyone else who's husband or wife has recieved their visas.

Thank you

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm

congratulation Easy Tiger !!

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:03 am

Hi , as u already know my wife was issued her uk spouse visa last week and will be comming to the uk on Xmas day. Now that the all hard part is all over , I would like to knows what will happend when she arrives at immigration control and what questions she will get asked. Does she need to have all documents that were submitted with her visa application. I have managed to get hold of a uk landing card so I can help her fill out all the details.

Thanks

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

sorry Easytiger, a little of the topic, but did ur wife pick up the visa from Jalandhar or get it delivered? My wifes visa status changed to 'Your application is being sent to the application center' today after 9 weeks.
Do you think it will b ready 2moro for collection? Would appreciate ur help as im soo nervous and anxious about the outcome :?

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Amrit , my wife pick it up from the vfs visa application Center in jalandhar. My wife visa application changed twic after seven weeks last Friday to your application has been sent to the aplication Center be ready for collection. As it was the weekend she pick it up on the monday , so your wife's passport should be ready collection tomorrow but u will have to wait and see.

Don't forget to take the application receipt which she got when submitting her aplication. If u don't mind me asking can u tell more about your self , when did u get married , when was your application submitted and what documents did u and your wife submit.

Thanks

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I was born in the U.K, got married in Punjab on 24th Oct 2011, submitted application to VFS Jalandhar 9th Nov 2011, now waiting for the go ahead to collect the passport. I think their closed 23rd 26th and 27th so i'll have to wait a agonizing 5 more days!!

I submitted the usual

Marriage cert
Wifes birth cert
Wifes voter card id
wifes IELTS cert
Wifes other academic certs

My mothers passport copy
My mothers bank docs - 3 months
My mothers mortgage statements annual
House land registry and deeds
My mothers wage slips - 3 months
Affidavit from my mother

Sponsorship letter from me
Notorized Affidavit from me
Notorized passport copy
My wage slips - 6 months
My bank docs savings and current account - 6 months
Letter from employer
Photos of our ring ceremony, meetings, wedding and honeymoon 16 in total
Call records from both parties including text records
copies of flight tickets and hotel accomodation of honeymoon

I think thats about it, or all i can remember

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh yea, i forgot to include our wedding cards with the application, thats been bothereing me the last 2 months, i hope in doesnt play a factor in their decision?

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 pm

can it?

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi as I have already mentioned my wife recieved her UK entry clearance visa on the 16th December and she arrived on 25th December 2011. I know the visa doesn't expire untill 2014 and she can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) Afterwards using the settlement visa form (SET) M form. But documents what I need include , we don't have any documents or accounts in joint names and is that needed.

Also her uk spouse visa has restrictions where she can not have any financial support from the uk government. Does that included not be registered with my local doctor surgery or can she registered and any treatments will have to be paid by name .

Thanks [/b]

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Documents in joint names - yes - have a look at the SET(M) form and the guidance on UKBA's website. It'll explain what you need to do.

Keep in mind the requirements may change - for example - it went from 20 documents to 6 when my wife was going through the process.

So check the UKBA website on a regular basis.

Re: Doctor's - no - it's fine - she can get NHS treatment free.

M.