ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCESS TO CHILD, PLEASE HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anna_S
Newly Registered

ACCESS TO CHILD, PLEASE HELP

Post by Anna_S » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Please, if anyone knows anything about it?
Me and Nigel has got a baby daughter. We do not intend to get married. Soon she will go to the UK with him (she is a British passport holder) and we either get court decision or sworn stetement that he has got full custody and I have rights to access to child.
I will stay outside the UK because I cannot obtain visitor visa - I always get refused.
But I heard about child access - can you tell me some things, if anyone knows.

What application form is it?
Can I apply outside the UK?
Can I live at the same house with him and baby? As far as I know rights of child access is applied to both separeted and not separated parents.
From what I have read I can work - it that right?
What documents do I need to submit? And do I need to prove ties to native country and such things if this visa leads to ILR?

Please, we are very confused. Noone seems keen to give any answers.
I have thoroughly read UK BA website and did not found any certain information on how / where to apply and what to produce.

Please help!
Thank you very much, any replies will be very much appreciated.

rosmary
Newly Registered

Re: ACCESS TO CHILD, PLEASE HELP

Post by rosmary » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:42 am

What application form is it?

VAF1 A

Can I apply outside the UK?

Yes

Can I live at the same house with him and baby? As far as I know rights of child access is applied to both separeted and not separated parents.

YOu can but I heard home office gives DL visa for 3 years not ILR if you are living in same house.

From what I have read I can work - it that right?

Yes

What documents do I need to submit? And do I need to prove ties to native country and such things if this visa leads to ILR?

Court Order,Birth certificate of yours son,maintenance and accommodation proofs ect.

If you got refused you will attract full right of appeal.

Anna_S
Newly Registered

Post by Anna_S » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Thank you so very much for your help!!!
Thank you!

Anna_S
Newly Registered

Post by Anna_S » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:13 pm

It is all very confusing...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/

Here it says this

247. Leave to enter as a person exercising access rights to a child resident in the United Kingdom may be granted for 12 months in the first instance, provided that a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity is produced to the Immigration Officer on arrival.

Does it mean that to be able to apply for 12 months visa I have to come on visit and apply there?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 pm

No

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:42 am

Anna_S wrote:It is all very confusing...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part7/

Here it says this

247. Leave to enter as a person exercising access rights to a child resident in the United Kingdom may be granted for 12 months in the first instance, provided that a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity is produced to the Immigration Officer on arrival.

Does it mean that to be able to apply for 12 months visa I have to come on visit and apply there?
An entry clearance is a type of visa. Visas for the UK are applied for outside the UK - what this paragraph means is that you must have applied for the visa before you travel. A non-visa national would not be granted leave to enter at the border without an entry clearance in this category.