ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I HAVE WON THE APPEAL!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

your husband is being a AHole. so forget to have support from him.
go see a good lawer but to be very honest your case is very complicated but not impossible.. there is an indian lawer and i saw his show and then watched you tube videos. his name is Harpaj something. this is his website
http://www.londonimmigration.com/
hopefully he can help u as i have watched him helping many people in his tv show
best wishes

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Most CABs have live queues in the morning and then they give you the first available appointment (if not the same day, not more than a few days away). The appeal itself is not going to be HEARD for a while. Our Mrs will need to submit an appeal and then she is at will to add any evidence BEFORE the hearing at ANY TIME with the permission of the Tribunal (which is usually given). So I don't see any problem with trying the CAB route.

As for OP, do not worry, darling please, you should be ok! These are very stressful times for you but as I already said, you will not have to leave the country REGARDLESS of what impression you get from the UKBA! They are meant to scare people but if you know your rights (which I explained before) they cannot do anything, all of their decisions and actions are subject to the scrutiny by the courts/tribunals and so they are not capable to do as they wish. Please do NOT WORRY!!! It is hard, but remember that you WILL WIN, you will persevere and will look back at these times with a smile (or a grin). Do NOT WORRY! Just say to yourself and repeat it all the time: "everything is fine and will be fine!!!"

made_in_ussr

appeal has sent. now again waiting

Post by made_in_ussr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 pm

appeal has been been sent. now again waiting....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 pm

I wish you the best of luck.

carrotcake
Newly Registered

Post by carrotcake » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 am

Hi made_in_ussr, how is your appeal case going? Did you apply for paper or oral hearing?

made_in_ussr

We have won!!!!

Post by made_in_ussr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Decision: I allow the appeal unfer the Immigration Rules

Hi everyone, dont give up! i was moaning , frightened , etc
The best advice-find a lawyer, a really good one. i had one. thank you very much people for support and advice.
consult with the lawyers before applying, it colud save you some thousands pounds.
i stuck in uk for christmas holidays :( but with really good outcome from the court hearing.
dont be afraid of the tribunal-my lawyer explained me that this is another step in prooving my residency,not an attemp to kick me out from the country-it is no easy to send me back home.
uhu!
i am here
Last edited by made_in_ussr on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: We have won!!!!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

made_in_ussr wrote:Decision: I allow the appeal unfer the Immigration Rules
I am not sure if I understand. Has your appeal finished and your were successful?

If so were there any parts of the decision which were particularly interesting?

made_in_ussr

Post by made_in_ussr » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 pm

yes, my appeal was successful :) :) :)

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:56 pm

First, congratulations!!!!
Second, did you receive your PR now?

very good news to start a new year

made_in_ussr

Post by made_in_ussr » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 pm

i promise to write u more, some interesting and useful facts and expressions when i get the evidence of my PR in my passport. regards

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Super! Thanks!

made_in_ussr

Thank you!

Post by made_in_ussr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Hello Everybody.
Thank you very much for support and information I received on this forum. It was really useful. I had even found a lawyer here. She is a star.

So I received my PR yesterday. It means that I was waiting for a long period of time, I applied in July 2011, and in... 7 months I got what I had to have. I had to spend some thousands pounds and a lot of nerves. I am already grey- natural highlighting:)

Let me summarise this way: TREAT YOUR LIVING IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY LIKE...A PREGNANCY. there is only one difference: not 9 months but 5 years.

Try to get more information about your rights, consult with lawyers, collect EVERYTHING ( receipts, emails, bank statements, all letters, pictures, phone numbers, put notes in your diary what happened and when) for continuous 5 years .And keep them in this country! (Not like me). And if you are in trouble and have to have a lawyer- tell him/her everything even if you think that it is not important.

Yes, you were here, you worked here, you lived here but...... if u are on a dependant visa it’s not about you! It is about your family member! You have to prove that your family member worked and lived here. You are just his extra luggage. In my case I had all MY DOCUMENTS for continuous 5 years but not my ex-husband’s ones-I had around 60%. I asked him and begged to support my application but....

My appeal? I don’t remember a lot, I thought that I lost my mind. In the beginning of the hearing all I heard were numbers, numbers, paragraphs, dates, numbers, again and again Then the judge asked me about my family, my life, my relations, no tricky questions, simple conversation. Thank you, good bye.

How to choose a Lawyer? Hmmm I tried one in a City- I spoke to one of them, then the second called me, then number three appeared on the horizon and etc. So who is in charge?
Some lawyers were recommended here on this forum, one from Oxford, someone knows him and recommends him-it doesn’t work this way.
Then another-she made some comments on forum-normal, concrete, realistic; I called her- Immigration solicitor outside London- she was what I needed-experienced and professional, without any extra blah blah.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

How do I fell myself? I’m FREE!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Finding a good lawyer is a real problem. I am very happy it all worked out for you in the end. You have some good suggestions in your post!