ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dep visa appointment - Pune, India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Tier1 dep visa appointment - Pune, India

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi All,

My wife is in India now and she wants to change her visa from ICT to Tier1 dependent. I need to book a visa interview for my wife and daughter in Pune, India. I can now see that the visa interview forms have to be filled online. However in the form the "visa issuing office" has no Pune option in it. It has only Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai.

Would anyone know if we have to book an appointment using this new system or the old way by emailing ukappointmentwest@vfshelpline.com

regards,
H

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Only BHCs conduct interviews (if needed) and issue "visas", not the organisation that owns and runs the VACs (VFS in this case). The nearest BHC from Pune is "Mumbai" - and that will be the issuing office or the office where your wife will need to attend an interview (if asked to do so).
hussainkothari wrote:I can now see that the visa interview forms have to be filled online.
Where do you see this and what are these "visa interview forms" that you refer to? What is this question about "visa interviewing office"and where does it come up in the "online" application process?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.
I can now see that the visa interview forms have to be filled online.
Well I meant visa application forms.

On http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/Book_appointment.html it mentions "From Monday 12 December 2011 all points based visa applicants need to complete the visa application form online and schedule an appointment online . Manually completed applications will no longer be accepted under the points-based system. Please note, that the online requirement applies to main applicants and dependants."
What is this question about "visa interviewing office"and where does it come up in the "online" application process?
After registering and accepting the TnC for the online visa application form another form comes up in which you have to select the "visa issuing office"
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx

So coming back to my question, would you know if we have to book an appointment using this new system or the old way by emailing ukappointmentwest@vfshelpline.com

Thanks
H[/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:48 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Well I meant visa application forms.
In such case, the following answers your query about "issuing office":
sushdmehta wrote:Only BHCs conduct interviews (if needed) and issue "visas", not the organisation that owns and runs the VACs (VFS in this case). The nearest BHC from Pune is "Mumbai" - and that will be the issuing office or the office where your wife will need to attend an interview (if asked to do so).
hussainkothari wrote:would you know if we have to book an appointment using this new system or the old way by emailing ukappointmentwest@vfshelpline.com
Follow what VAC website states:
Please note, that the online requirement applies to main applicants and dependants.
If in doubt (still), you may always email / phone the VAC to verify.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Sorry, I didn't quite understand, could you please be explicit?

Thanks,
H

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Update: My wife got the visa.

As sushdmehta mentioned, the visa issuing office should be Mumbai and at the end of the form filling process you can chose where you would want to submit the application. In my case, Pune.

-H