ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wizardland

Schengen Visa

Post by wizardland » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 am

Hi all,

Im a non EEA citizen, holds a Stamp 4 (Irish spouse) and would normally need a Schengen visa. Even now (having a GNIB card + residing in Ireland) still requires me to obtain Schengen visa to enter some EU countries (according to the Dutch Embassy).

Id like some advise on which embassy I should try obtaining Schengen visa from, in terms of speed. I live outside Dublin, Im almost sure Id have to attend an interview as this would be my 1st Schengen visa.

Im kind of pushed for time, plan to go to some EU countries on the 2nd week in Feb (cant change the departure date for a reason). I also have to renew my GNIB card in Jan (normally take 3 days top), get a re-entry visa (could take up to a week by post) then apply for a Schengen visa.

Do you guys think Id have time to get a Schengen visa + book tickets with that kind of time frame? People say the Dutch Embassy is the best bet? Of course I prefer the ones that dont need to interview me as I live outside Dublin. Ive never had a situation like this before and would really appreciate the help.

Thank you

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:57 am

In relation to the schengen visa, you have to apply to the country where you are planning to spend the most time, or the one you will enter first. So you can't just pick a random country to apply from. They will require proof of travel, I think...
Sorry can't advise you on the processing speeds or other questions.

nightowl
Newly Registered

Post by nightowl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi there,

Will your Irish spouse be travelling with you to the Schengen zone?

If so, you can benefit from their freedom of movement thanks to the EU Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States.

This explains it clearly:
http://eumovement.wordpress.com/directive-200438ec/

Some people say that you can enter Schengen with your EU spouse by just showing your residence card and marriage cert. Now I've never tried it and my husband has always had a visa.

You can apply either to the Embassy of your point of entry or to the country where you will spend most time.

In our experience, the Belgian embassy normally interviews you at the counter when you submit your papers issue the visa within a week (especially if you can prove you need to travel). But your GNIB card must be valid for at least 3 months after your return to Ireland, so you can't apply before you renew your residence card.

This might also be useful:
http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citizens ... ?profile=0