ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of Visa for a Tier 4 student spouse

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam2208
Newly Registered

change of Visa for a Tier 4 student spouse

Post by sam2208 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 am

Hi, I came to UK in September 2010 to study Level 7 PGD in a college in London. My visa was till June 2012.

My husband later applied for a visa and got it for same duration. he came to see me in June 2011 and stayed here for 2 months and then went back home.

recently, I have changed my institution and got admitted in a University for MBA research phase. I applied for a new student visa and got it till May 2012 (6months).

Do my husband need to apply for a visa again as my visa duration and educational institute has changed? Or, his initial visa will be okay if he wants to come to UK? He had a work permit of 20 hours as well.

Please, help. thanks.

ruskcake

Post by ruskcake » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:19 am

Hello

A visa is normally issued for a specific purpose based on specific information supplied. Since your circumstances have changed this will have a consequential effect on your husbands current visa that he holds under paragraph 76 seeking leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom as the spouse of a student. All 6 sub-paragraphs will need to be re-assessed.

Your husband should contact the UK visa issuing authority in the country where he currently resides, inform them of your change in circumstances. Than in writing get it confirmed that it is OK to travel on his current visa.

If he does not want to do this than he has 2 further options:

1. Reapply with your new institutional details or
2. Take the chance of re-entry into the UK making sure that he has at hand a copy of your old and new visa and course details so that he can explain IF the immigration officer decides to do a thorough background check