ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UNIQUE COMPLICATION FOR HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

njsoft22
Newly Registered

UNIQUE COMPLICATION FOR HSMP

Post by njsoft22 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:19 am

Hi I am currently working on WP in UK as a design engineer for CAD, CAE. Regarding my background I have 10+4 diploma in plastics Engineering with 8yrs experience in design and development including 2 yrs working as a Senior project Engineer / Team Leader.

Although my salary mentioned on WP does not match what I am actually paid because my Indian company takes part of it as it has placed me onsite. I am paid partly in UK as my allowane and my Indian salary gets deposited. But still it is very less than £27,000 what is required for gross earnings in UK. But my annual Indian sal meets the criteria of £5,250. I am working here since past 8 months. I wish to apply for HSMP probably from India. But in my case since I was working in UK for a few months I might not be able to gain points for income based on past 12mths. So I cannot qualify. Cud anybody plz suggest anyalternative. I wud be very grateful.

nairsanty
Newly Registered

Post by nairsanty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:17 pm

My friend you can claim based on your indian salary even for the time you were in UK. If you have been seconded and your permanent employment continues in your home country, you can use that as your earnings. Do not add the UK allowance however in such case. The concept of secondment earnings is clear and is also clarified in the workingintheuk.gov website (a specific announcement made around September 2005 exists on the website....read the archives on the site.)

Seeing the number of years of experience you have mentioned, you seem to be over 28 years of age and looking at the wrong guidance. For above 28 I think the india band salary limit is around 7.5k gbp. Recheck.

Also it would be foolish to go back to India and then apply. In country would be better and more credible. Also the past months under WP will count towards the 5 yr settlement if you do hsmp directly without a break.

All the best

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi,

This is from the caseworker's internal guidance notes -
Which country code? - Secondment earnings
Caseworkers should consider past earnings for applicants seconded overseas against the income band of the country where the position is normally held.
Sorry but I am not sure what do they mean by "where the position is normally held". If it is the "overseas" location, then you have a potential problem.

regards

nairsanty
Newly Registered

Post by nairsanty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:19 am

sushdmehta wrote:Hi,

This is from the caseworker's internal guidance notes -
Which country code? - Secondment earnings
Caseworkers should consider past earnings for applicants seconded overseas against the income band of the country where the position is normally held.
Sorry but I am not sure what do they mean by "where the position is normally held". If it is the "overseas" location, then you have a potential problem.

regards
Have a look at the following link (hope it still works) to an announcement on 8 september 2005. There is a specific paragraph on the case of a citicorp employee posted in another country. This is there in the internal case workers guidance too. It clearly shows that the original country from which seconded and where the salary continues to be received as usual, is the one taken as the country where position is normally held.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant0.html

njsoft22
Newly Registered

thanks a lot friends

Post by njsoft22 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 am

HI All who have posted replies.
Thanks very much for your guidance. I think that I should take a chance by applying for HSMP back in India.
Wel regarding my experience since I have done 10+4 diploma in plastics engineering from Bhagubhai Polytechnic in mumbai, can it be counted towards vocational points included in educational requirements. Cud anybody suggest that.
Also I am under 28- My date of birth is 06-Apr-79.
I passed SSC in 94, Diploma in 98 and in 2006 I have 8yrs work experience.
Also I will have to apply from India as my WP and Visa expires on 20-Oct.
Since I need to show only Indian sal I opted to apply from India.
So is my decision correct.?

Please reply and suggest.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:25 am

Suggest you get a letter of comparability from NARIC regarding equivalence of your diploma to British graduate degree.

Though you have stated 10+4 diploma, it essentially means you entered the programme immediately after secondary school exams (10th grade) rather than after senior secondary exams (12th grade). I guess that's the system followed in Maharashtra (and couple of other states) where you enter "college" after 10th, and enter pre-university course for 2 years (11th and 12th grade). If my undersatnding is correct, then the duration of the diploma course (even though you foramlly enrolled after SSC) is actually 2 years, which will not be found equivalent to a British degree standard.

Hence, to know for sure whether you can score in "education background" section, get a letter of comparability from NARIC (http://www.naric.org.uk).

regards

nairsanty
Newly Registered

Re: thanks a lot friends

Post by nairsanty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:30 am

njsoft22 wrote:HI All who have posted replies.
Thanks very much for your guidance. I think that I should take a chance by applying for HSMP back in India.

Also I will have to apply from India as my WP and Visa expires on 20-Oct.
Since I need to show only Indian sal I opted to apply from India.
So is my decision correct.?

Please reply and suggest.
Hi

I think your decision to apply from india was not very wise. It does not matter that your earnings is shown at India level. You can still apply from UK and switch from WP to HSMP.

Maybe a bit too late for you...but if i were you......I would make my application ready & post it before Friday morning, pay bycredit card (same day clearance)........hope for a quick decision.......by 15 oct send in urgent treatment form........talk to home office. If you are lucky and receive by 19th......u can submit for visa stamping....without having to leave the country.

All the best.

njsoft22
Newly Registered

NARIC

Post by njsoft22 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi,
Cud anybody suggest me the procedure how do I get my diploma approved or comapred with eauivalent British degree. Do i need to approach my college for that?

Please suggest

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:43 pm

:shock: :shock:

Dude, you need to get that through NARIC. Link already provided above, so where's the confusion :roll:. Anyways, let me try once again :lol:
CLICK HERE: http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page= ... %20Service

regards

njsoft22
Newly Registered

Presentation

Post by njsoft22 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:00 am

Hi All,
I am presently collecting all documents for past earnings and job experience. I required advise regarding how the file should be presented. Should all the necessary documents be just filed in an ordinary office file along with the application form and sent or is there any particluar kind of arrangement required. please suggest.

Also do i have to send original housing papers also along with HSMP application form to prove financial stability or only the documents pertianing to scored values. Please help on this matter