ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview letter Worried

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

M&L
Newly Registered

Interview letter Worried

Post by M&L » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello

Me and my Chinese wife have been waiting for nearly two months for our settlement visa so when we got a phone call from the vfs center before Christmas saying to pick up our documents and wife passport we was happy we got the visa, but when we got there we had just a Interview letter a big disapointment only asking my wife for an Interview because one of our documents is not in order but they just don't say what document is not in order do the British embassy think we are mind readers?

Should we be worried over this Interview letter we have read online this is only sent out by the British embassy when they going to fail you i don't know why they just don't tell you the truth in the begin instead they sent you a Interview letter to build up your dreams only to fail at the end of the three days. (This is a con or a trick?)

Now if we need to appeal we have to sent all our documents to the UK within 28 days from China so a "immigration judge" can over rule the embassy that takes three months and cost 80 pounds if you want an hearing it cost 140 pounds. but you live outside the UK you can't pay this online someone in the UK like a family member can only pay this for you.

!!Beware!!
This new law came out on the 19th of Dec 2011.

I just think this is very unfair to other couples like me who have been married over seven years and working outside the UK now wants to return to family, sorry to rant over this i just don't know why my country needs to be so difficult to enter, with a foreign wife:(

If there is any good news to add to this feel free.

Merry Christmas.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!